Manufacturing Engineer – Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Your ‘day to day’
As Manufacturing Engineer you will be part of our Manufacturing department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Process Support Supervisor. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to execute and lead the processes for eliminating losses by effective problem solving and process control to support in delivering business result of the assigned product line and fully applying the Integrated Manufacturing System (IMS) and PMI standards and policies. In your role, you will act as the line owner of a) Center Line, b) Rapid Change Over, c) Change Management Daily Management System (DMS) and also the line owner of the integrity of the Line Event Data System (LEDS). You will act as the process expert in problem solving and on floor troubleshooting. Finally, you will lead the change management processes including benchmarking and reapplication activities across appropriate production lines, business units and factory.
• Create and establish CL targets & limits for the RRP line(s). Is responsible to review, validate and update new CL standard of the line(s) in order to meet the business results. Develops the control strategies to enable operators to respond to out of control situations, furthermore ensures that documentation is in place and used in the line(s) whenever out of limit situations occur.
• Driving performance through loss elimination and continuous improvement: Leading problem-solving activities using standard problem solving tools such as IPS, 6W2H & UPS to solve the chronic problems on the line(s) in a timely manner. Drives centerline daily management system and loss elimination processes by applying standard tools according to Integrated Manufacturing System (IMS) standards. As the Owner of Line Event Data Systems, he/she ensures the integrity of the data from his/her lines. Create and establish changeover standards for all appropriate SKUs in the line(s). Reviews changeover critiques and coaches the team to identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve RCO success criteria’s and standards. Leads and participates actively in the Rapid Changeover events to identify additional opportunities for change over process optimization.
• Create and establishes changeover standards for all appropriate SKUs in the line(s). Reviews changeover critiques and coaches the team to identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve RCO success criteria’s and standards. Leads and participates actively in the Rapid Changeover events to identify additional opportunities for change over process optimization. Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS. Adhere to all Quality, Environment, and Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation.
• Build the capability of team on process failures technical troubleshooting and mastery of process transformation through coaching and delivering on the job training.
• Ensure the completion of the established training plan.
• Leading change management processes including benchmarking and reapplication activities across appropriate production lines, business units and factory.
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS. Adhere to all Quality, Environment, and Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation. As the incident elimination DMS owner, he/she has to review safety incident investigations to ensure the corrective actions are in place. Execute weekly DMSs health checks to identify gaps and constraints in the organization and implement appropriate countermeasures accordingly.
Who we’re looking for
• University degree in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent.
• 2/3 years of professional experience in Manufacturing and previous experience or exposure to people coordination / management activities.
• Strong project management experience. Formal education in PMPM is a plus.
• Knowledge in MS Office Package.
• Strong communication, negotiation, ability to coach, teamwork and intercultural competence. Action orientation, analytical thinking, priority setting and strong drive for results.
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken.
Grade level from: 7-8
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.