Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Asset Engineer, you will be part of our Manufacturing department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will report to the Supervisor Technical Support. The position will be based in Crespellano, Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to plan and manage assets in a cost effective way, ensuring optimal equipment availability and reliability through assets’ life cycle by developing and implementing of proper maintenance strategies, procedures and routines with focus to assets and maintenance performance.
The Asset Engineer will develop and/or improve proactive and cost effective maintenance strategy based on suitable techniques and procedures. In addition, he/she will modify and keep them up to date to further improve equipment availability, reliability, maintainability and safety as well as contribution to product quality.
Finally, you will analyze most frequent machine downtime and develop substantial solutions against root causes to eliminate, or drastically reduce machine downtime in order to bring about overall productivity improvements.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Challenge maintenance planning and scheduling in order to increase the ratio of proactive (planned) work versus reactive (unplanned) work, to fulfill production plan and to ensure that it is implemented timely and properly and carried out in full compliance with the customer needs, safety norms, and quality requirements and cost objectives. Follow-up machine standardization plan link to process improvements and kip it update.
• Work out and budget annual maintenance plans in conjunction with maintenance supervisors and production manager and ensure proper and timely implementation of these plans.
• Review reliability of existing equipment that is difficult, costly or safety risky to maintain and recommend appropriate action. Identify opportunities for design out maintenance activities where conventional reliability and maintenance activities are not cost effective.
• Define spare parts requirements estimation and min-max level of spare part stock for all equipment.
• Assist spare parts, consumables, small equipment budget preparation.
• Ensure that spare parts consumption is in correlation with the approved budget.
• Clarify technical aspects with suppliers related spare parts and materials
• Participate in the process of scouting new suppliers, in order to identify potential improvements in terms of cost and quality.
• Ensure coordination between production and engineering department for the preparation of technical specifications in case of new machinery purchase. Review and authorize the documentation link to new machinery purchase to ensure it meets best practices needed for equipment, work ergonomics and business.
• Ensure adequate production resources and supervise it for installation and commissioning of new machinery until it is handed-over to production.
• Ensure and update the asset register for equipment.
• Integrate new equipment, pursue necessary risk assessments, and provide input for preparation of related documentation in order to fully comply with legislation and internal procedures.
• Ensure all machine documentation are updated and available.
• Initiate technical development and / or lead / participate in projects in order to improve safety conditions, quality and more effective use of equipment, spare parts and consumables, both at local/regional level
• Find technical solution, implement and monitor proposed improvements related to equipment
• Actively participate in continuous improvements decision process, in line with Change Management procedure.
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Production in multinational companies
• Proven experience in asset management
• Communication and Presentation skills
• Customer focus and action oriented personality with drive for results attitude and priority setting capability
• Advanced MS Office user
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to Local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).