Intern Data Analytics, Simulation & Process Analysis
Intern Data Analytics, Simulation & Process Analysis in Neuchâtel for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Be a part of a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Who we’re looking for
• College/University/Master degree in Engineering
• Aptitude and Interest in manufacturing and industrial processes
• Able to approach problems from multiple angles
• Hands-on approach, team work attitude, problem-solving oriented, naturally curious
• Highly motivated, independent and self-learner
• Good critical and analytical thinking skills
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Excel (including pivot table and macro)
• MatLab, Arena, FlexSim or other statistical or simulation tools
You will join the Logistic Solutions Team on an exciting journey through the very innovative development we are leading on PMI’s factory of the future.
You will always be guided and provided with relevant training that will you feel comfortable in your assigned tasks and grow professionally as well as personally.
As an intern, you will typically be working on the following tasks:
• Analyze data and what-if scenarios using static and dynamic calculation tools, including simulation
• Verify and validate simulation models against reality based data
• Established recommendation with benefits and cost estimates
• Support defining the opportunities for process simplification and possible automation
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer in Switzerland and in Japan.