Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The scale of our transformation means we’re effectively building a vast new business, at pace. In P&C (People & Culture - our HR function), we have a huge part to play, defining and shaping our new customer focused culture, organising functions to work more effectively together and attracting the best talent with new types of skills to join us.
It’s an exciting, ever-changing environment – ideal for HR subject experts who are driven, disruptive and dynamic. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the challenge of shaping things from the ground up, you’ll be in your element here. There’s endless space to develop too, so you’ll be progressing your career as fast as you build our smoke-free future.
The Head of Capability – Global Academies has a key role in working cross-functionally to deliver leading edge learning & development solutions in order to close the skills gap and drive the PMI transformation. The role will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Learning & Development Centre of Expertise (CoE) team, as well as with the capability builders and senior stakeholders in the functions, regions, markets to develop and drive the performance and impact of the learning portfolio globally.
The role is based in London, UK.
Your ‘day to day’
1. Partnering with Functional & Regional Capability leads (20%):
• Partnering across functional and regional capability leads to support them in identifying, defining and developing functional learning & development priorities and demand plans across the organisation in order to deliver on the organisational and functional strategy.
• Identifying common areas of capability development requirements with the goal to partner and support capability teams in the design and development of common learning solutions with the aim to remove duplication, increase learning spend efficiencies, increase learning / learner impact.
• Act as global learning advisory on the application of Learning CoE practices, standards and approaches in support of capability development: Learning design principles, functional competency frameworks, functional Academy design, the PMI learning platform and learning technology, learning vendor management, leadership development etc.
2. CoE Learning design lead (20%):
• Act as the design lead to support specific learning programme / solution instructional design, development and deployment of identified common capability needs for business.
• Project and budget management of specified and relevant projects
• Co-ordination and utilization of CoE resources, (such as internal learning digital design studio; Global Learner network, Global learning services, vendor management and procurement support), to support the design and delivery of common programmes & learning solutions required by capability development leads.
3. P&C Academy Lead (20%):
• To be the CoE lead for the support of the development and delivery of the P&C Academy programme / curriculum on behalf of the entire P&C function
• Lead the instructional design / delivery of all P&C capability solutions in agreement with P&CLT
• Ongoing defining and demand planning of global P&C capability needs and learning solutions
• Budget and project management of the delivery of development activities
4. Global Learning Forum (GLF) CoE Lead (20%):
• To co-ordinate, chair and lead the Global Learning Forum (GLF) on behalf of its members as the main cross functional and regional capability lead forum across PMI
• To run the GLF cycle over the calendar year for the business
• To agree agendas, meeting locations, speakers, logistics etc for all GLF on / offline meetings
• To identify and agree on key cross functional capability development priorities across GLF members
• To gain support and input into the GLF from Head of Learning and Talent and P&CLT members where appropriate
Who we’re looking for
1. Dedicated focus on capability and competency development, with strong experience in instructional learning programme design and deployment in a global context
2. Strong conceptual understanding and ability to put strategy, ideas, concepts and standard methodologies to paper.
3. Excellent learning delivery/coaching skills with strong influencing skills.
4. Strong credibility & functional experience, with a clear understanding of how to support development of capabilities in functional teams
5. Significant experience of the whole project lifecycle, including project management processes, techniques and tools. Proven project management skills in initiation, analysis, design, build and test, transition and deployment.
6. Personal drive; must be a “self-starter”, while exhibiting empathy, flexibility, cultural sensitivity and tact.
7. Experience with change management tools and techniques, including change impact assessments and the build and delivery of global deployment plans across a complex regional and market landscape.
8. Strong leadership skills, managing matrix project teams both regionally and globally, with the ability to work effectively as reciprocally or on an individual basis.
9. Stakeholder management skills to engage key partners, including experience of building maps and communication plans.
10. Understanding and genuine interest in the PMI business to identify key risks and dependencies and help inform key programme decisions.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.