IN-PROCESS CONTROLS TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER (Senior) – Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our Prototyping Technology team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Your ‘day to day’:
As IN-PROCESS CONTROLS TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER you will report to the Manager Prototyping Technology and will be part of our Manufacturing Development Center (MDC) for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will lead high complex prototyping technology development projects in regards of In Process Control Systems (scope definition; budget definition; project closure and follow-up) in order to release the required innovative technology/equipment solutions in respect of technical and quality requirements, safety standards and/or cost reduction or productivity increase, ensuring all projects are executed as per defined plan.
• Ensure to stay always ahead in regards of availability of required Technologies for PMI. Interact continuously with the sources of new products and innovation in order to collect the all the needs for new technologies. Analyze and challenge the collected needs, producing structured Technical Specifications, viable both for internal communication and for suppliers analysis, according to the PMI standards. Maintain a database of such Technical Specifications and technology road mapping.
• Drive for MDC the technology scouting and the exploration of the market and assess a portfolio of candidate suppliers. Check suppliers references and specifications, lead the selection of the most appropriate ones and, supported by Technical Procurement PMI and Purchasing, define with them the term of collaboration, ensuring compliance to the PMI standards and PMI intellectual Property requirements. Conduct Effective and through monitoring of the market of new technologies in the industrial world. Ensure Complete Technology comparison mapping is available and updated. Lead the selection of the best/most appropriate technology applying structured approach. High complex Prototyping technologies available on time as per plan
• Identify and proactively provide fast, flexible and cost efficient prototyping equipment and kits solutions in line with PMI technology development needs. Lead high complex projects related to prototyping technology development for all fields from scope definition and budget definition, to project closure and follow-up. Manage OEM business relations ensuring strong links are established and maintained with Prototyping department. Link prototyping equipment solutions with feasibility of industrial manufacturing technology and support Industrialization in the technology development/equipment first industrialization as technology reference for the OEM. Define technology performance KPIs and implement performance KPIs management and control. Identify and evaluate technical risks and assumptions. Maintain and monitor technical risks and assumptions - Create technical risk response plans. Actively monitor completion of technical deliverables. Lead the prototyping technology set-up, pre-acceptance tests, acceptance tests, ensuring all the needed people rightly and timely involved. Lead the final prototyping process qualification (acceptance test) in order to release the new prototyping technology to prototyping team, according to agreed machine KPIs. Provide technical project review, determine and recommend any necessary changes that may alter the project scope/goals. Identify technology performance improvement opportunities and implement initiatives when required.
• Ensure the implementation of Project Management practices as well as Stage & Gate documentation release and maintenance. Develop detailed project plan/schedule and define technical critical path. Identify and evaluate overall project risks and assumptions. Maintain and monitor them, Create project risk response plans. Actively monitor completion of project deliverables. Drive the prototyping project team to reach the objective throughout each phase with high level of autonomy, propose and encourage solution finding for problems and barriers overcome. Prepare and release all required project documentation in all project phases till the final qualification final report, to lead the users to an autonomous management of the process at highest performances and in the required quality. Ensure communication and engagement at all level in the company. Ensure full application of the Quality System in all the phases of the project, acting as Quality System coordinator. Ensure technological process compliance to PMI standards, monitor possible deviations of new developed technologies, define and implement corrective actions. Manage and keep update the complete Project Masterplan
• Apply proven scientific / engineering principles and practices. Assure that, along any project led a distinctive know how is developed, which is clearly organized and recorded with the purpose to be shared inside the organization. For all Prototyping Technologies, ensure deep knowledge about working principle, application fields, limits and tolerances. Ensure the definition of all complete test methods to assess and validate the technologies under development. Ensure all technical knowledge acquired is inserted in the proper technology repository (Technology Road mapping tool or others) making it available to all stakeholders. Enhance continuously the knowledge about his/her specialization throughout a constant updated of the status of art and scouting of new technologies.
• When project objectives are met, assure that proper Project closure documentation is prepared and communicated to the stakeholders accordingly to Company Procedures. Assure the preparation of all documentation for Capex and asset management for all project phases and assure the deem tracking of initiatives (for the project that will apply for) even when project is already formally closed. Propose Prototyping Technology budget, Manage project costs - Execute the monitoring for the budget and its reporting and follow-up any changes and deviations in the Revised Forecasts and CAPEX review.
• Ensure all prototyping technology knowledge is fully transferred to the next industrialization phase. Ensure the deep analysis of the complete process, kit and equipment is fully transferred, giving the needed input to Industrialization (and to Manufacturing Solutions, further than Engineering and Manufacturing) and executing the IPC qualification for the first industrial solution, in order to guarantee that the newly process implemented meets productivity and quality standards also when in permanent production. Act as the main PMI technology reference for any project or process in which his/her contribution is required for project success. Support Industrialization and Manufacturing Solution Central Functions in the definition of the Global Technology strategy for PMI.
Who we’re looking for:
• University degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical/Mechanical/Automation)
• 6-10 years of experience in Technology development in hi-tech industries for mass volume production
• Proven ability to lead complex technical projects, multi-projects, with Project Management capability highly developed. Formal education in PMPM is a plus.
• Excellent knowledge in: process technologies; control systems, equipment engineering; statistic and Statistical Process Control
• Strong experience in utilization of technical tools and software
• High Knowledge in Pharma like (GMPs) qualification and validation procedures and requirements
• Team work, action oriented, analytical thinking, priority setting, problem solving, customer orientation, communication skills
• Fluent both in English and Italian (written and spoken)
Grade level from: 10-11
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
What we offer:
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB):
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.