BE A PART OF REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free future with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Our Legal Team now includes an exciting opportunity. Our smoke-free transformation is completely changing the way we engage. We need talented people who are also excited by our sense of purpose. As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts in everything.
Your ‘day to day’
You will manage legal aspects of the business of Thailand and other markets assigned by Senior Counsel and certain Region or Affiliate project teams and will assist in implementation of departmental practices and objectives. This position also works with the business team of Thailand to reach business objectives in a manner consistent with all relevant laws, regulations and internal policies within an established framework including review against defined targets. This includes:
• Provide analysis, advice, representation, negotiation and documentation in a wide variety of management initiatives and other matters in accordance with the intentions of business and legal management and company policies;
• Share issues of common interest with the members of the Law Department for advising clients and organizing workflow;
• Ensure the provision of optimal legal support for Thailand and other designated markets and Region project teams through both internal and external resources;
• Assist Senior Counsel in implementation departmental plans and objectives within PMI’s business in Thailand and other designated markets;
• Support the Senior Counsel in the review of the business proposals for consistency with laws, company policies and the terms of the proposed transactions;
• Follow developments in the business to ensure legal compliance and identify legal issues for management;
• Remain current and knowledgeable with respect to current and pending legislation, case law and administrative regulations and provide accurate and timely information in relation to relevant legal developments;
• Assist in setting, and managing, budgets for the Law Department;
• Participate on project teams, ensuring that their decisions and recommendations protect the legal interests of the company, and execute decisions to achieve objectives on a timely basis; and
• Provide training on legal issues to employees as needed.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor Degree in Law. Master in Law is a plus.
• Minimum 7 - 10 years’ experience working in a law firm and/or legal counsel in business environment
• Knowledgeable in all Thai business laws and regulations and international business
• Excellent command of English and Thai (both written and spoken)
What we offer
Our success depends on anyone who comes to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.