Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Internship in Logistic Automation
As Trainee in Logistic Automation you will join a team of engineers that are facing performances optimization to gain full sustainability of automation equipments like AGVs, robots and automated warehouse.
Place of employment: CRESPELLANO
Duration: 6 months internship
• Internship of 6 months length, starting in December 2019
• International and fast-paced work environment in a constantly evolving industry
• Opportunity to learn more by interacting with dynamic teams at different levels of experience and expertise across the Company
• Onboarding program; on-the-job & off-the-job Trainings
You will participate in activities as follows:
• Automation systems safety and sustainability enhancement
• Becoming expert of production processes and new automation systems
• Being a point of contact between production and project leaders, ensuring improvements installation
• Ensuring maintenance for new automation systems and spare parts availability
• Being active part in the definition of business continuity plan for critical automation systems
Who we’re looking for
• Masters’ degree in Mechanic/Electronic/Automation/Management engineering.
• Knowledge of automation processes control tools (e.g. PLC, HMI). Teamwork oriented. Nice to have: familiar with automation solutions, maintenance activities management. Knowledge of automated logistics systems (AGV), automated warehouse and robotics.
• Analytical skills and interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities and drive results.
• Required: Excel, Word, Power Point
• Fluent English and Italian.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.