We are aiming for a smoke-free future, which is why we are challenging ourselves to rethink our industry. We are now looking for an Intern to join our transformation journey and to help us develop a strategy to solve some of the future challenges that our Reduced Risk Products is facing.
The Spring Internship 2020 will commence in January, and be in the Indirect Retail team in our Nordic Corporate office in Stockholm with colleagues all over Sweden.
Philip Morris International is making the biggest shift in history and changing the tobacco industry, as we know it today. To the benefit of the society, the smokers and the people around the smokers. A future where regular cigarettes no longer exist. We have developed a range of completely new, innovative product platforms, and IQOS was the first product to be introduced in the Nordics, a system that eliminates combustion in tobacco use. Our dream is to convert every adult smoker to these smoke-free platforms, as fast as we can.
This is a truly unique and exciting journey for us, because we need to look upon everything we have achieved in a new perspective. In a world of uncertainty, we need to be sure to challenge our status quo, our ways of doing business and the way we act.
As an intern within Indirect Retail you will get a broad understanding of our complete retail process and our costumer journey within Retail at Philip Morris. This is an exciting opportunity to work in close collaboration with the sales force team across Sweden.
You will also be supporting an essential European project; the ban of Menthol cigarettes.
As an intern within Indirect retail you will:
• Develop action plans and strategies for some of the processes related to the Menthol ban
• Support the transformation journey according to the Menthol ban
• Develop a broad understanding for our retail stores collaboration
• Develop training for service providers
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and gather relevant information
• Support the Territory executives
In order to get a broader understanding for our collaborations and Territory executives this position will require travelling within Sweden. You will report to your mentor - the Manager of Indirect Retail whom is based on the Nordic head office in Stockholm.
WHO YOU ARE
Rethinking our industry requires great curiosity, a touch of determination and innovation, as well as a risk-taking mind-set. Within this area it will be essential that you enjoy meeting new persons and understand their needs.
You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a truly international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Philip Morris International to the next level, meaning you should desire to go beyond your regular tasks to produce the best work results.
WHAT YOU NEED
You are a student in the final year of your studies, or recently graduated in a field of economics, marketing, engineering or any other relevant area for this internship.
We would also need you to:
• Have working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
• Be a strongly motivated candidate focused on development and learning
• Previous experience within direct or indirect retail
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Make your ideas worthwhile our company’s transformation phase
• Have the chance of managing your own projects
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.
We will interview ongoing so please don’t hesitate to send your application by submitting your CV and motivational letter in English as soon as possible but no later than 30.11.2019
If you have any questions about the position or recruitment process you are welcome to contact Anna Liljegren Rassing via mail to Anna.Liljegrenrassing@pmi.com. Please notice that the application has to be through the system.