We’ve recently launched a new Consumer IT organization at PMI and we are responsible for all of the solutions, technologies and services that underpin our engagement with our customers. We look after corporate web platforms, global commerce platforms, digital engagement platforms, consumer lifecycle platforms and omnichannel services for B2B and B2C channels.
The new Consumer IT group is accountable for the architecture/design, develop/industrialize, integrate/ deploy, engineer/operationalize and, sustain/improve, delivery themes. It’s a very diverse group with our key people being located in New York in the USA, Jakarta in Indonesia, London in the UK and Lausanne in Switzerland. We also partner closely with Infosys in Mohali in India, who are a big part of our family too.
Our team is called ‘Consumer IT Engineering & Operations (“CITE&O”)’ and is responsible for the design, delivery and improvement of the technology landscape that underpins our products and services. As well as providing application support and management, CITE&O is responsible for the run and improvement of all technology in the production environment and ensuring an effective service operation across all platform services. Our end-to-end delivery teams include engineering, continuous improvement, delivery and planning and service management roles of varying levels.
We’ve got six groups that are divided into ops verticals and ops horizontals (the new craze). Ops verticals are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of engineering and operations services aligned to business capabilities. Ops horizontals enable the verticals to succeed by partnering closely with them to improve the service and focus on driving improvement to the frameworks and methods.
The Head of IT Consumer, Comms & Omnichannel is a senior leadership role and forms part of the CITE&O Leadership Team (“EOLT”). With responsibility for the engineering, service delivery, planning, continuous improvement, service operations and production services of the technology stack for PMI’s:
1. Global and local corporate and marketing web sites and the platforms they run from
2. Global commerce platforms including all online and offline technology services
3. Global subscriptions, billing and invoicing platforms, integrations and services
4. Global customer care and device management platforms and clientele interactions
It is essential that our senior leaders live and breathe consumer and customer-centric solutions – our key goal is to make our customers lives simpler and enable our consumers to use our technology without delay nor hindrance. Delivering always-on, on-demand and easy-to-use solutions must become part of our DNA.
Partnering closely with the solutions management groups (Global Comms, B2C and B2B) domain architecture and our colleagues in Digital, the Head of IT Consumer, Comms & Omnichannel will lead a team (small but senior) to deliver a holistic technology service to our consumers, working closely with our off-shore delivery partner Infosys, to tailor customer-centric solutions based on a deep understanding of outcomes.
With responsibility for the production landscape and being the ultimate ‘voice of the customer’ for the service lines and technologies within Comms & Omnichannel, this senior leader will ensure a robust, scalable, predictable and optimized technology stack is operating efficiently and is in line with our customers’ expectations, and wider business demand.
Leadership is a big deal for PMI and within CITE&O we have a huge focus on leadership development and excellence. We’re looking for leaders that can empathize, listen and deeply understand problems and situations and build bridges and coalitions to deliver solutions. It is important that the leader of this department has the ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive forward outcomes that require dependencies and capacity from other teams.
• End-to-end responsibility for the engineering and operation of our technologies across our Comms & Omnichannel technology areas
• Full vendor and resource management to deliver and improve upon a global technology landscape employing integrated but differentiated multi-sourcing strategies
• The leadership of a small but senior team of 8 PMI colleagues and the wider influencing and development of a team of 40+ Infosys people delivering process execution and process improvement activity
• A deep focus on the customer experience and how the services and technologies delivered from within Comms & Omnichannel plug seamlessly into the wider service and delivery framework
• Relentless in the pursuit of zero-defects, ensuring our platforms and services are robust, reliable, resilient and predictable, with a focus on metrics such as time to revert and mean time to resolve.
• Partner with Solutions Management and Domain Architecture to align on roadmap, capacity and delivery outcomes to ensure joined-up and effective delivery of services
• Collaborate and deeply contribute to EOLT and other leadership and cross-functional forums to improve our service offering and promote our community-led vision to break down silo’s and work to outcome irrespective of reporting line
• Partner with teams external to CITEO to leverage new and existing processes to improve ways of working (such as Lean, Agile and DevOps) and deploy these changes masterfully across Comms & Omnichannel
Essential Skills & Experience
• Senior Technology Leadership experience leading geographically disperse team in a large, complex, distributed global or multi-national organization with B2C and B2B channel experience
• Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build relationships at every level and influence decision making through multiple ways (… and not just through PowerPoint)
• Inspirational leader whom is considerate, situational and emotionally intelligent, that has ‘Led Leaders’ in the past and able to deploy a small but senior team to work on complicated problems
• Proven experience of mentoring and coaching junior, mid and senior-level people in the past and somebody that deeply enjoys contributing to the acceleration of their teams overall effectiveness
• Must have experience working in a Commerce and/or front-end consumer-facing technology role with a deep and scaled geographic footprint
• Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies without an extremist view on either – in short, a leader that can pick the right delivery model for the right scenario
• Extensive experience of managing conflicting priorities and stakeholders in an ambiguous environment with ever-changing business demand
• Deep and expansive understanding of ITSM and work management process frameworks and how these can be deployed into a wider ‘delivery’ framework to integrate our services and approach
• An understanding of cloud-based technology stacks and the application of these services to meet business outcomes and problems
• Willingness to travel across Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific.