Manager, Reporting & Consolidation PAE
Philip Morris Limited
The role holder will manage and control the Accounting, Reporting and consolidations functions for Pan Africa Entrepreneurs Limited (PAE), the holding company for Philip Morris International (PMI)’s investments in Sub Saharan Africa and the entrepreneur for the East and Central Africa markets for conventional cigarettes. The role will require close liaison with other Finance and business function including up to 38 markets in Sub-Saharan Africa including affiliates and manufacturing centres in Senegal, Nigeria and Tanzania and with PMI’s Swiss OC, SCE Krakow and external advisors and authorities in the UK and Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Take full responsibility for the financial statements, including the month/quarter/year end close as well as Balance Sheet Forecasts and Legal Entity OI Income Statement Projections for PAE Ltd. Ensure appropriate accounting and reporting and that the BS accounts are fully reconciled and reviewed.
• Support the OB/RF/LRP preparation and review legal entity submissions.
• Lead the relationship with SCE for all PAE Finance streams.
• Provide the necessary supervision and support in order to ensure that capex requests, capex controls and reporting comply with PM policies and procedures with the management’s requirements in terms of timing, content and analysis.
• Ability to present to the BAE Board of Directors where called up in connection with the PAE Ltd Financial position.
• Manage internal and external audits and relationship with external auditors and advisors.
• Oversea preparation of the statutory accounts/other government reporting and ensure filled on time.
• Fulfill Company Secretarial activities, ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
• Manage treasury activities which include managing working capital, cash flow forecasting and impacts of business initiatives on working capital, working with SCE to provide full support and analysis to the local affiliate and for the consolidated PAE entities, including projecting future cash flow, borrowing and capital requirements for PAE and its subsidiary companies for 12 months and 5-year projections.
• Be a key player in complex debt to equity and recapitalization and decapitalization proposals for the PAE group of companies including preparing analysis and coordinating with tax and legal teams for all implications and supporting the execution of these plans.
• Ensure the overall efficiency of the A/R and A/P functions of PAE Ltd.
• Ensure appropriate, adequate and cost-effective financing for the companies.
• Prepare the budgets and forecasts for PAE Ltd and 1 year and 5 year consolidated actuals and forecasts for the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
• Prepare investment and new business plan scenarios and proposals for PMI approval.
• In close liaison with Sales and SCE, lead local credit management to minimize PAE’s credit exposure.
• Lead and support ad-hoc Finance/business projects.
• Ensure adherence to PMI P&Ps accounting standards and compliance requirements.
• Lead, organize and motivate across a team that is geographically dispersed.
Mandatory Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
• Bachelors Degree (minimum 2:1) in relevant discipline
• Extensive work experience in a variety of Finance roles
• In depth knowledge of sub-Saharan Africa
• Strong analytical & communication skills
• SAP experience desirable
Annual salary: £36,000 to £44,000 plus benefits
Closing date: 4 December 2019