Senior Taste Designer – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Sr Taste Designer, you'll provide your expertise, creativity and technical direction for successful implementation of global and creative projects for Reduced Risk Products (RRP’s).
More specifically, you'll
• Identify existing and potential sensorial experience opportunities from consumer needs to develop an effective long-term taste portfolio pipeline
• Visualize, communicate and guide taste strategies, ensuring alignment with all internal partners
• Deliver clear product briefs, supporting consumers' rationale to component designers and ensuring a lean, sustainable and compliant component toolbox
• Establish accurate adherence to product regulations, internal directives, PMI standards, principles and practices of all taste portfolio components and new taste component pipeline
• Contribute towards products & processes readiness for commercialization to improve taste performance up to first production and facilitate communication with deployment functions for portfolio expansion
• Support & facilitate structured decision-making with internal/external partners towards an innovative, efficient, compliant and sustainable product portfolio
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Science, Chemistry or related disciplines
• Meaningful work experience in development of tobacco, food products or other FMCGs
• Consumer-focused personality with the ability to translate sensory insights to identify business opportunities for new or improved product propositions
• Demonstrated ability to work on product development projects using Design Control Methodologies and project management skills to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously within cross-functional teams
• Proficiency in English (both written and oral)
• Comprehensive knowledge of tobacco/ nicotine containing products including knowledge of relevant regulatory environment and worldwide acceptability is a plus
This job involves participation to subjective evaluation panels as required by area of expertise and therefore is intended only for individuals who are smokers and/or users of smoke-free products, e-cigarettes, or other smokeless tobacco products.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.