Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
Join us in this role and you’ll be part of our IT Information Security & Data Privacy international team in the beautiful city of London, UK.
Your “day to day”
• Administer the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform in a highly available, redundant, distributed, hybrid cloud computing environment
• Design and evolve the SIEM platform to meet growth while maintaining a good balance between performance, stability and agility
• Partner with Information Security and other IT teams to continuously onboard new data to the SIEM platform and implement new security monitoring use cases
• Create and optimize correlation searches and ensure that alerts are fully integrated with the Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) platform of the Company.
• Support advanced investigations of other Information Security teams that require the use of the SIEM platform or other information security analytics solutions
• Research new cyber attacks and develop detections rules/models by acquiring suitable data sources, feature engineering and appropriate models
• Leverage machine learning and data mining techniques to analyze both historical and real-time, large-scale security logs from infrastructure and application systems used within the Company
Who we’re looking for
• Minimum 5 years of experience in security analytics, security engineering or incident response
• Minimum 3 years of experience in designing, implementing and operating SIEM solutions, preferably based on Splunk and/or ELK
• Splunk professional certifications (e.g. Splunk Certified Architect, Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin, Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin)
• Professional certifications in Information Security or Cybersecurity (e.g. CISSP, CISM) not mandatory but strongly preferred
• Proven track record with data analytics and statistical modeling techniques, e.g. to build machine learning models/correlation rules for cybersecurity
• Demonstrated experience in building/optimizing alerts and detecting threats in the early phases of the cyber kill chain using relationship among observed activities
• Structured problem solving and experience working with cross-functional teams
• Practical experience in Agile/DevOps organizations and cultures
• Highly collaborative, with ability to build relationships with colleagues from different cultures throughout the organization
The job/role offer is subject to valid right to work in UK
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours – we’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers