Senior Information Security Architect, Internet of Things (IoT)
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
Join us in this role and you’ll be part of our IT Information Security & Data Privacy international team in the beautiful city of London, UK.
Your “day to day”
• Design and maintain modern and re-usable architectural patterns for the secure use of Internet of Things (IoT) technology at PMI
• Define and maintain an IoT security strategy for both consumer-related and enterprise-related use
• Drive hands-on the execution of the IoT security strategy for the Company and help embedding appropriate security in the lifecycle of new and existing consumer products (e.g. iQOS devices)
• Provide subject matter expertise across the organization in support of initiatives which may have an impact on the IoT security posture of the Company or its consumer products
• Formalize (e.g. in the form of diagrams, guardrails, standard operating procedures, etc.) relevant principles and requirements for IoT security enterprise-wide
• Liaise with Information Security leadership and the wider IT Architecture community to ensure that those principles are effectively and efficiently embedded in new IT initiatives or experiments
• Coordinate the research, evaluation and implementation of new or updated IoT security technology solutions aimed at reducing ever increasing cyber risk
• Provide expertise to colleagues in Information Security and other IT functions on matters such as applicable policies, standards, etc. and efficient use of technologies for the IoT security domain
Who we’re looking for
• Minimum 7 years of experience as a network security architect within a large organization
• Professional certifications in Information Security (e.g. CISSP, CISM)
• Proven track record in the design and implementation of IoT security controls in a large consumer-facing environment (10'000 devices or more)
• Demonstrated experience with IoT specific communication/network technologies (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, etc.)
• Hands-on knowledge and application of good security practices on IoT platforms of major cloud computing providers (e.g. AWS, Azure)
• Familiarity with IoT technology solutions from ARM (Pelion), Intel, Armis or Microsoft
• Considerable technical writing proficiency and oral presentation skills, in English
• Experience in using architecture methodologies such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
• Practical experience in Agile/DevOps organizations and cultures
• Highly collaborative, with ability to build relationships with colleagues from different cultures throughout the organization
The job/role offer is subject to valid right to work in UK
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours – we’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers