Manager, Internal Brand Building & Communications, Technology
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
We are looking for an experienced Brand & Communications Manager to help shape our function’s image i.e. inward to our 1700 IT employees to get employees excited to belong to our function; to be part of our transformation, to retain our Talent); and outward to help us build our internal IT (technology) image and raise awareness of our achievements inside the broader Philip Morris International (PMI) organization: as well as externally into the market to attract new Talent for recruitment.
To do this, you’ll need to uncover internal consumer insights and deliver innovative marketing campaigns. We’ll turn to you to learn what can attract and build the confidence of our internal customers (all functions e.g. Operations, Finance, HR, Commercial etc) and how we can improve customer experience.
If you’re creative, possess a strategic mind and have experience in implementing targeted brand campaigns, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help us improve our function’s reputation and NPS; and by motivating our IT employees to believe in our transformation / new ways of working; drive delivery and growth for PMI.
Your ‘day to day’:
• Analyze the Information Technology (IT) brand positioning inside Philip Morris International (PMI) and employee insights. Identify how our “IT brand” is currently positioned internally (inside IT, inside the PMI organization, externally to attract Talent)
• Design a research-based IT brand strategy. Shape and communicate our vision and mission i.e. to move from being a service provider to a key enabler of the Corporate Strategy
• Communicate our brand personality internally and align IT organization around foundational ideas
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns aimed at communicating our IT brand and transformation message
o Tell our transformation story, project successes, innovations and new ways of working to build internal IT & PMI engagement.
o Build a plan to use internal content externally to attract New Talent; and/or vice-versa
o Support IT Leadership team with preparation for key events (townhalls, presentations in markets)
o Produce content/video series related to key subjects that we are developing e.g. Woman in IT, elevating IT leadership, elevating new ways of working principles (“Thrive” 5 energies) etc.
• Lead enterprise platform improvements and governance; explore new tools and channels
• Lead marketing/communication/change team members through campaigns (team size = 4 individuals)
• Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”
• Measure and report on the success of marketing campaigns
• Work together with the PMI corporate communications team to align messaging to the PMI transformation narrative; and to keep the IT brand up to date
o Establish content and publishing governance, create guidelines and style guides
Who we’re looking for
• Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
• Proven experience in leading communication strategies with an annual content plan (defining what, why, how (channels, frequency) and measures)
• Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
• Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
• Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
• Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
• Outstanding communication skills
• Up to date with latest trends and marketing best practices
• Be deeply familiar with and enthusiastically curious about technology and its impact on our function, the organization and the broader community
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches
• Excellent English language skills (written/verbal)
• Degree in marketing or a related field
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.