You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a NPI Supply Chain Leader. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
• Be part of the Supply Chain team, represent supply chain function for NPI (New Product Introduction) and RMA (Return Material Authorization) projects, work closely with internal teams (R&D, NPI, Engineering, Procurement and Supply Chain) and external teams (EMS project management, EMS Supply chain and Procurement).
• Partner with Material Planning team to understand and evaluate and manage Risk Buy proposal and manage approval process; achieve inventory target and minimize exposure for Product transition, Rework, and Projects.
• Be the bridge between cross function teams on supply and demand plan alignment and logistics fulfilment targets. Analyze demand change request vs planned EMS capacity to identify issues within planning horizon and recommend solutions to achieve NPI target. Alert the material risk per demand fluctuation or logistics issues and define corrective actions accordingly.
• Develop, implement and manage suppliers' performance. Review performance and trigger actions for improvement.
• Propose ramp profile to support launch target base on agreed EMS belt capacity to smooth production. Manage transition to Supply Planning team for launched products.
• Build SOP to support NPI process and document Work Instruction. Explore opportunities to improve supply chain efficiency in development stage.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Minimum 8 years experience in Supply Chain (Supply Planning, Production Planning, Capacity Planning, S&OP Planning) plus experience in NPI Project Supply Chain Management.
• Business / Supply Chain Degree, Engineering Degree would be an advantage.
• MUST have solid experience in managing high volume consumer electronics manufacturing with EMS.
• Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals, and with all levels in the organization.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Track record for managing complex projects with aggressive schedules and limited resources
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• The ability to work to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.
• Establish a solid relationship between internal stakeholders, EMS’s partner and T2 components suppliers by enforce the communication channel.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Experience in manufacturing, process engineering or product development, analytical, good interpersonal skills
• Analytical and good in management presentation
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products.
As of Sept 30, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8.8 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 51 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer