If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
INTERN PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving-consumer-goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
Our organization stands for continuous improvement and therefore we are not only trying to improve in products but in our way of working too. Are you an enthusiastic bachelor student in (industrial) engineering or business administration, please continue to read!
During your internship (process improvement) in our FPC (Flavor Processing Center) department, you will have the opportunity to learn our current production process. With your fresh improvement mindset you are able to help us to optimize this production process. Doing so, you will have to work closely together with the compounders and the line structure to understand the need and expectations of the manufacturing process. You will get the freedom, support and tools to help you achieve your personal goals and to make a success out of this project.
You will gain knowledge and experience with:
- Working with experienced teams of experts and see the dynamic nature of the manufacturing environment;
- Continuous improvement methods;
- Implementing procedures and processes to ensure the FPC manufacturing process to be standardized and stays successful;
- Communicate on a high level with international colleagues;
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
To be successful as the process improvement intern you will need:
• 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student in (industrial) engineering or business administration or similar studies;
• Interested in 6 months internship;
• Available for 32-40 hours per week;
• Period February – June 2020
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• Strong computer and MS Office skills (in particular MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
• With good social and communication skills;
• Eager and easy with gathering information;
• Independent and accurate;
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
You will join a dynamic, international and fast-paced work environment in a constantly evolving industry and will interact with different levels of experience and expertise across the Company. We offer an internship contract with competitive internship compensation.
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke.