You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit an experienced material (component) planning analyst.
Rise to the challenge
As the Material (component) Planning Analyst you will represent the RRP (Reduced Risk Products) Hong Kong engineering hub (eHUB) Supply Chain.
You will take the overall responsibility for managing the material planning for the assigned category component, you will be the focal point between Electronic Manufacturing Services provider (EMS), component suppliers and our Supply Chain functions.
• Manage material transitions cause by Engineering Change Notice (ECN), quality issue, product transition to achieve targets and minimize inventory exposure. Simulate scenarios and propose the best option for Project team to cut in engineering change.
• Mange and evaluate risk buy plan. Optimize risk buy proposal to mitigate risk for the company and at the same time achieve fulfillment target.
• Build process and tools to monitor overall EMS's material planning performance. Ensure component readiness for production. Work with EMS to build transparency for PMI for any T2 capacity issue and propose alternative solutions to achieve OTIF critical metric.
• Manage T2 supply chain related issues. Work with cross functional teams including Engineering teams to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives.
• Adhere to Excess & Obsolecence Governance. Support Planning Analyst on E&O analysis and reporting. Partner with R&D, Quality, Engineering and Planning Team to find opportunity to deplete excess inventory.
• Develop, implement and manage KPIs for its category. Review performance with EMS and Tiers suppliers. Trigger actions for improvement. Support annual budget and Rolling Forecast.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement on current process. Propose and support Improvement project and digitalization project to improve accuracy and efficiency for its area.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain/ Engineering/ Manufacturing or relevant discipline.
• Minimum 10-years of relevant experience with Manufacturing Program Management responsibilities including, Process engineering, Operation, EMS and vendor management.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
• Root cause analysis and follow up to corrective actions when a shortage of material impact New Products launch/production plan. Work with Suppliers, expedite and coordinate special deliveries when needed.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage complex projects with tight schedules and limited resources
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• The ability to work to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.
• Establish good relationship between internal stakeholders, EMS’s partner and T2 components suppliers by enforce the communication channel.
• Monitor and manage inventory levels by actively and proactively take decision that avoids the excess and obsolete material.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. PMI's smoke-free product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Sept 30, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8.8 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 51 markets in key cities or nationwide. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMI Science (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.