Manager R&D Center Armenia – Yerevan, Armenia
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Manager for our R&D Center in Armenia you'll develop and propose strategies to fulfill its current purpose in a sustainable and profitable way for PMI. The Center, which is located at the Polytechnic University campus in Yerevan, has been established early 2018, currently employs about 15 researchers and is set to grow. State of the art offices and labs are under construction and will be delivered during the course of this year. Core research fields are data science, material science and technology research.
More specifically, you'll
• Develop the strategic directions for the Center in close collaboration with the internal partners with an aim to become the competency center for PMI in dedicated areas
• Deploy the projects and activities of team members across multiple disciplines to make sure that the objectives are achieved with the available resources
• Ensure sound communication and alignment with all internal partners including the main research center and central functions in Switzerland, the local and regional commercial offices
• Enable and equip the teams in order to perform optimally and foster a culture of creativity and cross-collaboration
• Lead, staff, train and develop a motivated, skilled and efficiently resourced team to ensure that performance levels and professional development achieve or exceed business objectives
• Drive the team extension and ensure acquisition of top talents
• Develop lean & robust processes supported by tracking and reporting tools to measure performance against objectives
• Build an effective network of partners & service providers in the broad area of focus for PMI R&D within Armenia and beyond
• Support local and regional external scientific and technical communication efforts to promote the Company 's vision and educate key external partners about the Reduced Risk Products
Who we’re looking for
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent; advanced degree is a plus
• Meaningful working experience in leading multi-disciplinary technical and scientific R&D streams in a multinational corporate environment including longer term assignments outside of Armenia
• Proven ability to build dynamic relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of partners internally and externally. Applied R&D veteran with sound experience on working with academia.
• Robust people management experience in an international fast paced work environment
• Energy and drive; natural motivator supporting the teams to achieve objectives while providing a space to deliver
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in English and good understanding of Armenian. Knowledge of Russian is considered a plus.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.