PROJECT LEADER, INDUSTRIALIZATION
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Project Leader, you will be part of our Prototyping & Industrialization department for Philip Morris International and will be reporting to the Project Manager Industrialization (Platform 2 & 4). The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will be plan and execute the assigned RRP projects, utilizing and adhering to Project Management best practices to ensure successful process completion.
In your role, you will be responsible to communicate with customers and stakeholders, internal and external, on an on-going basis to review project scope and provide status updates, coordinate resources (complex projects) and plan, schedule and coordinate project tasks and deliverables respecting timeline, quality, safety and cost in order to improve business performances and achieve return of investment.
Finally, the Project Leader will coordinate multicultural and cross-functional project teams, as well as internal and external resources for the activities of each project.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage assigned RRP projects and ensure successful implementation within budget and on schedule. Understand customer brief, participate in defining requirements and proposing solutions, and implement the agreed changes to reach the project objectives.
• Plan and lead the execution of the project phase, and ensure the delivery of expected functionalities within the agreed time, budget and quality.
• Distribute RRP quality project-related documentation to all stakeholders, project plan and schedule, project charter, meeting minutes.
• Establish professional working relationships with peers and associates within and outside the department and with contractors and consultants.
• Provide technical project review, determine and recommend any necessary changes that may alter the project scope/goals.
• Communicate regularly with the project team, and prepare and share project status reports and other project information to keep all project teams members and Prototyping Manager, Factory Director and Program Manager updated on the project phase.
• Contribute to resolution of project related issues by analyzing, identifying and proposing solutions to achieve the project objectives.
• Ensure that project information supplied to management is realistic with respect to cost and timing in order to avoid financing problems and delayed completion; provide accurate and properly scoped data to the successful completion of the project.
• Respect all job requirements concerning Quality and EHSS standards Management System. Assure adherence to PMI project management methodology, PM financial policies, the capital budgeting process, safety and labor relations policies.
• Motivate, coach, and provide timely feedback to the project team.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Engineering or Sciences.
• 3-5 years of experience in a multinational environment, preferably in Project management area.
• Functional skills: Product evaluation, Innovation Process, Product Scientific Knowledge, IP, Idea Generation and Regulatory Requirements.
• Experience in Tobacco and Packaging Industry Acumen and Manufacturing process knowledge
• Well-developed IT skills and experience with MS Office Package. Good usage of SAP, PD/R&D systems and other traceability platforms.
• Fluent in English written and spoken and desirable Italian.
Grade level from: 9-10
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).