Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Electronic Technician, you will be part of Manufacturing department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will be reporting to the Supervisor Process Support. The position will be based in Zola Predosa, BO.
A key responsibility will be ensure the functionality, reliability, availability of the production equipment by guaranteeing the safety of the equipment, the performance and the integrity of the product in term of quality and quantity.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the processes for eliminating losses related to the Electrical & electronic maintenance. Contribute in all activities related to control and breakdown processes with a cost-saving mindset. Lead problem-solving activities using standard problem solving tools such as A3, 5WHY, Pareto, 6W2H & UPS on the line(s) in a timely manner.
• Ensure process settings are regularly analyzed, evaluated and all instrumentation are timely calibrated to ensure quality product and smooth production execution.
• Identify discrepancies of process control systems and instrumentation dysfunctionality, eliminate them and initiate corrective actions preventing production against potential problems.
• Keep the machines running properly by ensuring an optimal level of performance.
• Share the results of diagnosis performed on the equipment and provide a clear report for the all-electrical and electronic interventions corrective, preventive and improvement.
• Ensure proper data exchange between departmental and factory systems incl. the correctness of the readings of a control equipment and cooperate with technical services in elimination of its dysfunctionality.
• Ensure that changes to the applications are securely archived incl. backups as well as the data so that the systems can be put into operation again in case of any stoppage without a loss of data consistency.
• Ensure that the documentation of all the systems within the scope of his/her responsibility is created and updated, including registration of all changes.
• Develop OPL (One Point Lesson) and Troubleshooting for a better understanding of the issues and the right solutions to solve them.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement activities by providing technical support and execution to reduce cost and maximize efficiency under PMI concept.
• Record and update maintenance data and technical documentation in relevant systems.
• Coordinate to recommend spare parts to keep optimal spare parts.
• Coordinate team activities to reach factory objectives.
INSTALLATION & RELOCATION
• Actively participate in preparation for installation, dismantling and / or relocation of production equipment.
• Identify the barriers, define the countermeasures, follow the start-up / ramp-up and define the need to keep the equipment in the expected level.
QA & EHSS
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS.
• Adhere to all Quality, Environment, Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation.
• Identify the Gap & constraints linked to QA & EHSS, in the organization and implement appropriate countermeasures accordingly.
• Work closely with electrical team to improve the electrical work process and define the focus areas.
• Ensure a good collaboration with the QA, EHSS, Ops Planning, Supply chain departments and within the production team.
• Work closely with all the department for all the projects in secondary, the tests, the new launches and the programs.
• Support and collaborate during breakdowns and improvement activities.
Requirements & Skills:
• High school at least 3 years in this field, work in Industrial software
• High level of equipment knowledge (Siemens S7, Siemens Starter, Sick Scanner Software, Sew Rectifier Software, Beckhoff, WinCC)
• Work with autonomy, able to run analysis and troubleshooting without any supervision.
• Able to run projects on machine installation/relocation and equipment’s performance
• Drive the preventive maintenance and the spare parts consumption analysis.
• Work closely with the regional technical team
• Part time trainer & Ability to Coach others
• Priority settings - Problem solving – Autonomy
• Italian Fluent
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk