Senior Information Security Architect, Infrastructure
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
Join us in this role and you’ll be part of our IT Information Security & Data Privacy international team in the beautiful city of London, UK.
Your “day to day”
• Design and maintain modern and re-usable architectural patterns for the secure use of infrastructure (servers, databases, containers) and endpoint (workstations, mobile devices) systems at PMI
• Define and maintain an infrastructure/endpoint security strategy including hybrid cloud enablement and the adoption of a zero trust security model across the global organization
• Drive hands-on the execution of the infrastructure/endpoint security strategy for the Company
• Provide subject matter expertise across the organization in support of initiatives which may have an impact on the overall infrastructure/endpoint security posture of the Company
• Formalize (e.g. in the form of diagrams, guardrails, standard operating procedures, etc.) relevant principles and requirements for infrastructure/endpoint security enterprise-wide
• Liaise with Information Security leadership and the wider IT Architecture community to ensure that those principles are effectively and efficiently embedded in new IT initiatives or experiments
• Coordinate the research, evaluation and implementation of new or updated infrastructure/endpoint security technology solutions aimed at reducing ever increasing cyber risk
• Provide expertise to colleagues in Information Security and other IT functions on matters such as applicable policies, standards, etc. and efficient use of technologies for the infrastructure/endpoint security domain
The job/role offer is subject to valid right to work in UK
Who we’re looking for
• Minimum 7 years of experience as infrastructure and/or endpoint security architect within a large organization
• Professional certifications in Information Security or Cybersecurity (e.g. CISSP, CISM)
• Proven track record in the design and implementation of infrastructure/endpoint security controls, ideally in a geographically dispersed and hybrid cloud environment
• Demonstrated experience with modern tools for enterprise-level asset discovery, infrastructure/endpoint management, endpoint detection and response (EDR), host intrusion detection and prevention systems (HIPS) and security monitoring
• Excellent knowledge of most common commercial and open source operating systems and database solutions, particularly from an information security perspective
• Ability to lead and execute large, complex projects related to infrastructure/endpoint security (e.g. introduction of a zero trust security model, security hardening and attack surface reduction for servers, databases and endpoints)
• Considerable technical writing proficiency and oral presentation skills, in English
• Experience in using architecture methodologies such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
• Practical experience in Agile/DevOps organizations and cultures
• Highly collaborative, with ability to build relationships with colleagues from different cultures throughout the organization
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours – we’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers