QUALITY ASSURANCE ON FLOOR (MQT) – Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
As QUALITY ASSURANCE ON FLOOR (MQT) you will be part of our Quality department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A.. and will be reporting to the Team Leader Manufacturing QA. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will ensure timely support to manufacturing team during production and ensure all relevant standard are respected along manufacturing process.
You will also coordinate samples testing and schedule between production and Lab to support the product delivery on time, and ensure that intermediate and finished product non-conformities are managed and related corrective & preventive actions held.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support production teams by providing Quality guidance and support in case of issues. Share/transfer knowledge and expertise. Train the floor on Quality practices/procedures and ensure the operational staff remains up to date with our Quality requirements. For RRP products : Coordinate the availability and testing of samples according to the sampling plan and the control strategy.
- Provide support to the production team and ensure that the documentation is managed according to the QMS. For RRP products : Ensure the availability of Batch Control before the production in a timely manner. Perform the Quality review of batch records and batch controls by reviewing the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and deviation. Investigate and resolve critical deviations, contribute to define disposal actions and when appropriate corrective actions. Based on recommendation from concerned stakeholders, participate to the decision of releasing/destroying the non-conform products blocked due to quality issues and monitor the related costs.
- Propose and follow-up quality improvement ideas in production or other processes in Operations. Analyze the information and participate in small projects with influence on product quality.
- Manage the retention, the storage and destruction of finished product samples. Keep the retention file up to date.
- Communicate all useful information for the good flow of Quality processes to concerned colleagues and to support teams in order to meet productivity and quality.
- Participate to the creation/review of procedures, work instructions and others Quality Documents that are required. Provide support and training according to the training management system.
- Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
- University/Professional Technical School or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience
- At least 2 years of experience in industrial field (experience in Quality is a plus)
- Knowledge of relevant standards (ISO). Advanced knowledge on Quality tools, root cause analysis, analytical skills, statistical tool knowledge. Ability to transform data into information (reporting skills).
- Ability to learn quickly, interact with teams and colleagues, and to act quickly to solve problems both individually and in team
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Grade level from: 4 - 6
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Contract Type: temporary (1 year)
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.