Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in different directions.
External Affairs is a growing team, full of fresh opportunities. Our smoke-free transformation is completely changing the way we engage. As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts in everything from fiscal affairs and illicit trade to sustainability and public health legislation.
Your ‘day to day’
• Lead the legal hold program and provide the Litigation team with information about our records inventory for storage locations worldwide;
• Manage the entire Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery) process, including identification, collection, analysis, review, and production of records as needed.
• Engage with outside counsels and/or handle third party vendors regarding litigation or investigations;
• Maintain and coordinate the Legal Hold processes and related technologies;
• Manage the quality control of the litigation support technologies;
• Work closely with the Litigation team and Outside Counsel to develop subject matter scope, including search strategies or other relevance criteria, as the need arises to support litigation or investigation related collection or review;
• Support efforts to define requirements and processes related to the legal hold notification process;
• Lead activities related to the development, implementation, and management of tools to manage the litigation support processes, including Early Case Assessment, Predictive Coding, and ESI analytics;
• Support the Information Management team related to the deployment of information management technology;
• Work with various stakeholders within the Law Department, business partners, and vendors to complete investigations of ESI in a timely manner;
• Maintain accurate and timely inventory of all media and electronically received data; and
• Work with the Information Technology colleagues to advise on matters related to the Global Data Privacy working group.
Who we’re looking for
You are a self-starter with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and a high degree of achievement orientation. You have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s degree and/or a paralegal certificate. You have experience in large, matrixed corporations or law firms, where you worked on complex litigation, including litigation support activities, legal holds, and e-discovery. You are comfortable around senior management and you have strong organizational and project management skills. You have knowledge of project management methodology, technology and system software, and you are fluent in English. In addition, we’d like to see:
• Subject matter expertise with regards to litigation support, e-discovery tools, and related vendors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail; strong problem-solver who can develop creative and innovative solutions to complex problems;
• Ability to analyze/interpret difficult situations, and quickly make recommendations for resolution;
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with people of all levels;
• Ability to define and communicate clear business objectives and desired outcomes;
• Ability to work independently and prioritize;
• Leadership skills; ability to proactively manage expectation, deadlines, and effectively handle change; and
• Professional presence with the ability to build credibility and collaborate directly with office leadership.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.