Process Control Technician
Are you up for a challenge? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a:
Process Control Technician within Philip Morris Manufacturing Senegal
Purpose of the job
The Process Control Technician will ensure continuous and efficient operation of the assigned technology and on-line production process control activities. He / She will perform required production process interventions (e.g. change process settings, process adjustments) and system execution in order to achieve and improve the targeted KPIs (safety, quality, delivery, cost) but also anticipate and prevent potential process issues.
• Ensure continuous and efficient operation of the assigned technology, monitor the production process, adjust production process in order to achieve and to improve targeted KPIs (safety, quality, delivery, cost)
• Monitor, document and analyze process parameters in accordance with the applicable procedures (e.g. logbooks, database, tracking file, etc.)
• Analyze and prevent/resolve process problems/interruptions and quality issues performing root cause analysis using the troubleshooting systems and tools (e.g. IPS, UPS).
• Ensure good functioning of the assigned process, identify machine problems during production and record them in data base logbook.
• Support for equipment/machine installation and modifications, when required
• Execute all activities related to process starts/stops and blend/brand changes, preventive, planned, and reactive maintenance to ensure product integrity
• Comply with quality procedures concerning PMI quality program
• Support equipment cleaning activities when required
• Applying 5S rules in daily activities.
• Analyze production process and suggest improvements applying problem solving and Lean methodology and tools (e.g. PDCA)
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of standards settings and best practices
• Propose ideas, participate and/or lead the implementation of solutions to improve the quality and/or efficiency of production process
• Identify actions to continuously improve product and process quality to meet customer requirements.
• Provide all relevant information to the smooth running of production in/between teams, as well as to the support group and project managers in order to ensure optimal monitoring of the problems encountered and to share experiences and knowledge in order to continually increase competences and expertise
• Apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets, and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards
• University degree: at least a Bachelor in Electronic studies
• Previous work experience with industrial software (Siemens: S5, S7, Intouch, Beckhoff, WinCC)
• Fluency in French and English (both written and spoken)
• Experienced in using Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated leadership, result orientation, accountability, self-motivation
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Ability and commitment to drive change in the equipment performance
• Good practical experience and technical knowledge of the equipment
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical data to support recommendations
• Experienced with Problem Solving in the production area
• Effective priority setting skills
• Achieves technical mastery of equipment and develops it in others
• Overall strong technical skills and a good understanding of technical processes, both hands-on and theory
What we offer
• Challenging and very rewarding role with a significant amount of ownership in a dynamic international environment,
• Collaboration with a team of great professionals with limitless possibilities of sharing knowledge with the best experts in their field,
• Participation and leadership of a significant number of strategic projects that make an impact on the whole organization,
• Excellent career development opportunities,
• Competitive remuneration package with an extensive benefit scheme.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com