Sustainability and Community Lead - 1 year Contract
Rise to the challenge
Do you have 3 to 5 years of experience in leading sustainability programs? Are you a self-starter that can build and maintain positive relationships with strategic partners? If the answer is yes, we would like to hear from you!
Let’s talk about how you will contribute to the success of the team. In this role you will:
• Lead with the implementation and coordination of sustainability initiatives and sustainability related projects for RBH.
• Contributes to the overall success of the sustainable external affairs team in globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
• Monitor and oversee an RBH sustainability external report card system
• Acts as a central research function for the sustainable external affairs team to keep on top of evolving environmental, social and governance issues and trends
• Support communication of the RBH’s sustainable business strategy internally and externally by working with others across the business in internal communications, social media and web development.
• Prepare all sustainability plans for RBH; align plans with PMI’s global strategy
• Coordinate all external sustainability initiatives – employee and external – for RBH
• Be responsible for RBH’s Giving Back grant program in conjunction with RBH’s Giving Back committee
• Helps to coordinate all charitable programs and partners for RBH; including invoicing, contracts and compliance with PMI’s global standards
• Help to develop and implement key sustainability outreach opportunities for RBH
• Work to identify key partners for RBH in the sustainability space
Let’s talk about what you bring
• Be a creative, motivated, technically-minded self-starter that can work both independently and collaboratively on teams
• Enjoy supporting a variety of sustainability-related projects and advising on key sustainability principles
• Ability to work on multiple projects of varying type and scale, in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills essential for working with the external affairs team
• Experience working in a high performing team environment, advising, guiding and executing creative ideas
• Knowledge of the civil society space
• Experience developing and communicating sustainable concepts for internal and external clients through illustrations, reports and presentations
• Proficiency promoting and ensuring project work and deliverables are of the highest quality
• Experience developing and improving project processes and tools related to sustainability
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to join a global business leader where you can grow in a wide range of business functions. You will have the chance to build your professional expertise, business understanding, and leadership capabilities in a collaborative, challenging and results-oriented environment. Our External Affairs department fosters excellence in execution and is comprised of dedicated people all working together to continue to grow our status as industry leaders. We offer our employees a competitive salary, an attractive compensation package, including flexible work schedules, health and wellness programs, and attractive benefits options.
Who we are
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada -an International Fortune 500 Company. Today we are Canada's second largest tobacco company. In addition, RBH Inc. was awarded Top Employer for 2017, 2018 & 2019. We currently employ over 700 people throughout our six corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Our parent company PMI is one of the world’s leading international tobacco company. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we used to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. PMI has a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization.
Click on the following link to learn more about the science behind the RRPs: https://www.pmiscience.com/
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all current and prospective employees, as well as to promoting a culture of inclusion and respect for each individual. We celebrate the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment, and we recognize that each employee brings their own unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives to the organization. It is this diversity that adds value to our teams, as well as to our stakeholders.
In particular, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, colour, religion, sex, marital/family status (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, immigrant and newcomer status, gender identity/expression, age, citizenship, or disability. We consider qualified applicants who have passed the criminal background checks, consistent with legal requirements.