Assistant Manager Communications – Hong Kong & Macau
Philip Morris Asia Limited, Philip Morris international (PMI) affiliate in Hong Kong, is looking for an Assistant Manager Communications to assist in the development and implementation of effective communications strategy and activities for Hong Kong and Macau. He/she will identify current and emerging issues that would likely affect the organization and proactively manage them to protect and enhance company’s brand, credibility and reputation and ensure the public and key stakeholders have correct understanding of PMI's position. He/she will also organize and seek media engagement opportunities, activities and events to further amplify PMI’s business transformation and reinforce our company vision.
• Work with Global and Regional Communications team to ensure consistent messaging and branding to all internal and external stakeholders in accordance with PMI standards.
• Assist in monitoring and analyzing social media, press, television and radio coverage and identify and prioritize new media groups and journalists covering issues about or relevant to PMI.
• Organize and seek for media engagement opportunities to expand media coverage under the supervision of manager for the purpose of expanding visibility to improve PMI value.
• Assist in the review of key communications materials to be used for media and social media audiences, and ensure that the materials are accurate, of high quality standards and reflect PMI’s policies and positions.
• Assist in the preparation and development of all narrative/talking points on PMI related matters.
• Help prepare PMI related issues, data and messaging in response to media activities to improve PMI credibility.
• Assist in generating communications materials to keep internal and external stakeholders updated about PMI on a regular basis.
• Work closely with various functions (i.e. Commercial, External Affairs and People & Culture teams) to plan and develop various programs/events and ensure they are supported in a timely and professional manners.
• Help develop/ implement internal communications tools in order to address various communication needs of all PMI employees.
• Assist in the development, implementation and analysis of internal employee surveys and other measurement tools to ensure that the company's internal communications needs are effectively addressed.
Requirements for the role:
• University graduate with at least 5 years relevant experience in public relations, marketing communication, project management from international matrix and multi-cultural environment.
• Candidate with exposure from agency, public relations and event planning are welcome.
• Creative, mature and able to work independently as well as with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Able to work cross-functionally and lead through influence.
• High learning attitude with strong result and quality driven mindset.
• Excellent command of English and Chinese (Cantonese) language, both spoken and written.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 77,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe. We are committed to being a great employer. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. We proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic - we want to replace cigarettes with smoke-free products as fast as possible. More than 8 million adult consumers across 48 markets have stopped smoking and switched to IQOS, an innovative product that heats tobacco instead of burning it. It's the biggest shift in our history. And it's the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
REDUCED-RISK PRODUCTS ("RRPs")
Reduced-risk products ("RRPs") is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce an aerosol that contains far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful constituents than found in cigarette smoke.
Want to join our team? Please submit your online application by providing your detailed resume, current and expected salary. Thanks.