Manager IT Consumer, TechOps – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Be a part of a revolutionary change.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
We’ve recently launched a new IT Consumer organization at PMI and we are responsible for all of the solutions, technologies and services that underpin our engagement with our customers. We look after corporate web platforms, global commerce platforms, digital engagement platforms, consumer lifecycle platforms and omnichannel services for B2B and B2C channels.
The IT Consumer group is accountable for the architecture/design, development/industrialization, integration/deployment, engineering, sustainability/improvement and delivery areas. It’s a very diverse group with our key people being located in London in the UK, Jakarta in Indonesia and Buenos Aires in Argentina. We also partner closely with Infosys in Mohali and Hyderabad in India, who are a big and important part of our family.
Our team is called AppOps and is responsible for delivering, running and improving the technology landscape that underpins our products and services, as well as providing application support and management. Our end-to-end delivery teams include engineering, continuous improvement, delivery and planning and service management roles of varying levels.
We have four delivery teams responsible for the transition and management of technology: CommerceOps, TechOps, MarketingOps and WebOps – these teams cover our entire consumer technology landscape and partner with our colleagues in Solutions Management and Domain Architecture to deliver outstanding business outcomes backed by well integrated and performant technology.
We also have three enabling teams that are responsible for the transition, governance, improvement, strategy, change and service architecture of our groups: Service Engineering, Service Delivery and Service Strategy/Governance. The enabling teams work deeply with our delivery teams, customers, partners and vendors to improve and deliver a more holistic service.
Our team seeks to be highly customer and consumer centric and we are looking for outstanding individuals who enjoy working on large, complex and multi-dimensional problems, to help us design and deliver the next phase of our technology operational model. We work in a highly regulated environment across many geographies with a fast-paced business environment which is incredibly interesting to work in.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Manager IT Consumer, TechOps you'll be responsible for the service delivery, release deployment, cloud platform management, planning, continuous improvement, service operations and production services of the foundational technology stack as well as our shared offerings.
More specifically, you will:
• Handle the engineering and operation of our technologies across our TechOps technology areas
• Manage vendors and resources to deliver and improve upon a global technology landscape
• Lead and develop a team of PMI colleagues and Infosys people delivering process execution and process improvement activity
• Focus on the customer experience and how the services and technologies delivered from within TechOps plug seamlessly into the wider service and delivery framework
• Pursuit relentlessly zero-defects, ensuring our platforms and services are robust, reliable, resilient and predictable
• Partner with APPOPS departments and Domain Architecture to align on roadmap, capacity and delivery outcomes to ensure joined-up and effective delivery of services
• Collaborate and deeply contribute to AOLT and other leadership and multi-functional forums to improve our service offering
• Partner with teams external to APPOPS to bring to bear new and existing processes to improve ways of working and deploy these changes across TechOps
Who we’re looking for
• Senior Technology Leadership experience leading geographically disperse team in a large, complex, distributed global or multi-national organization
• Exceptional partner engagement skills with the ability to build relationships at every level and influence decision making through multiple ways
• Highly developed leadership skills and demonstrable experience of mentoring and coaching junior, mid and senior-level people
• Experience working in an Infrastructure and/or front-end consumer-facing technology role with a deep and scaled geographic footprint
• Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Extensive experience of managing conflicting priorities and partners
• Deep and expansive understanding of ITSM and work management process frameworks
• Understanding of cloud-based technology stacks and the application of these services
• Willingness to travel across Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific
• Proficiency in English
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.