Senior TechOps Engineer – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Be a part of a revolutionary change.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
We’ve recently launched a new IT Consumer organization at PMI and we are responsible for all of the solutions, technologies and services that underpin our engagement with our customers. We look after corporate web platforms, global commerce platforms, digital engagement platforms, consumer lifecycle platforms and omnichannel services for B2B and B2C channels.
The IT Consumer group is accountable for the architecture/design, development/industrialization, integration/deployment, engineering, sustainability/improvement and delivery areas. It’s a very diverse group with our key people being located in London in the UK, Jakarta in Indonesia and Buenos Aires in Argentina. We also partner closely with Infosys in Mohali and Hyderabad in India, who are a big and important part of our family.
Our team is called AppOps and is responsible for delivering, running and improving the technology landscape that underpins our products and services, as well as providing application support and management. Our end-to-end delivery teams include engineering, continuous improvement, delivery and planning and service management roles of varying levels.
We have four delivery teams responsible for the transition and management of technology: CommerceOps, TechOps, MarketingOps and WebOps – these teams cover our entire consumer technology landscape and partner with our colleagues in Solutions Management and Domain Architecture to deliver outstanding business outcomes backed by well integrated and performant technology.
We also have three enabling teams that are responsible for the transition, governance, improvement, strategy, change and service architecture of our groups: Service Engineering, Service Delivery and Service Strategy/Governance. The enabling teams work deeply with our delivery teams, customers, partners and vendors to improve and deliver a more holistic service.
Our team seeks to be highly customer and consumer centric and we are looking for outstanding individuals who enjoy working on large, complex and multi-dimensional problems, to help us design and deliver the next phase of our technology operational model. We work in a highly regulated environment across many geographies with a fast-paced business environment which is incredibly interesting to work in.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Senior TechOps Engineer you'll sit within and will be aligned to our TechOps delivery team. You'll help us drive better technology and business outcomes.
More specifically, you will:
• Partner with Solution Management, Solution Architecture and our customers to deliver services and solutions for the technology stack
• Collaborate and drive the optimization of building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation
• Proactively and relentlessly seek opportunities to automate manual processes
• Design cost-effective solutions and services ensuring that value is measured, tracked and realized at the end of key delivery points
• Drive on-boarding and adoption of our core automation tools, services and apps
• Be in charge of the Research and development of tooling and/or process to enable delivery, operations and infrastructure teams
• Participate in and promote the PMI DevOps and Technical Communities
• Optimise systems for performance and scalability, build infrastructure and eliminate work through automation
• Ensure all services and solutions designed are built in adherence to PMI’s InfoSec policies and are fully industrialized for consumption by customers and technology groups
• Focus on automation, from our deployment pipelines to the creation of our cloud infrastructure to the consumption of our features and functions by self-service
• Enable visibility with telemetry, logging, monitoring and alerting solutions
• Work in a data driven environment to set, monitor and meet ambitious quality of service goals
Who we’re looking for
• Mastery in coding and scripting in multiple languages with a demonstrable depth in the context of the engineer level (Engineer, Senior Engineer, Principle Engineer)
• Extensive experience of deploying technology solutions across cloud-native platforms. We predominantly use Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce Cloud, Adobe Cloud and others
• Substantial experience of integrating and industrializing technology platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on a global scale reducing operational and process waste
• Proven experience of building, running and improving technology frameworks, tools etc. and industrializing these into day-to-day operations
• Demonstrable understanding of security and networking principles in a cloud-native environment
• Deep experience of integrating monitoring and alerting technologies, such as New Relic, Elastic 7, into the technology stack and driving significant change in the customer experience
• Sound expertise in applying delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall etc.
• Proficiency in English
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.