We’ve recently launched a new IT Consumer organization at PMI and we are responsible for all of the solutions, technologies and services that underpin our engagement with our customers. We look after corporate web platforms, global commerce platforms, digital engagement platforms, consumer lifecycle platforms and omnichannel services for B2B and B2C channels.
The IT Consumer group is accountable for the architecture/design, develop/industrialize, integrate/ deploy, engineer/operationalize and, sustain/improve, delivery areas. It’s a very diverse group with our key people being located in London, UK, Jakarta, Indonesia and Buenos Aires, Argentina. We also partner closely with Infosys in Mohali and Hyderabad in India, who are a big and important part of our family too.
Our team is called AppOps and is responsible for the delivery, run and improvement of the technology landscape that underpins our products and services. As well as providing application support and management, AppOps is responsible for the run and improvement of all technology in the production environment and ensuring an effective service operation across all platform services. Our end-to-end delivery teams include engineering, continuous improvement, delivery and planning and service management roles of varying levels.
We have four delivery teams responsible for the delivery, transition and management of technology: CommerceOps, TechOps, MarketingOps and WebOps – these four teams cover our entire consumer technology landscape and partner with our colleagues in Solutions Management and Domain Architecture to deliver best-in-class business outcomes backed by well integrated and performant technology.
We alos have three enabling teams that are responsible for the transition, governance, improvement, strategy, change and service architecture of our groups: Service Engineering, Service Delivery and Service Strategy/Governance. The enabling teams work deeply with our delivery teams, customers, partners and vendors to improve and deliver a more holistic service. Our org structure is defined as follows:
Our team seeks to be highly customer and consumer centric and we are looking for outstanding individuals who enjoy working on large, complex and multi-dimensional problems, to help us design and deliver the next phase of our technology operational model. We work in a highly regulated environment across many geographies with a fast-paced business environment which is incredibly interesting to work in.
Our Application Engineers sit within the delivery teams and are aligned to one of our delivery teams, MarketingOps, WebOps, TechOps or CommerceOps and we encourage cross-skilling and collaborating closely within our technology teams. Our Application Engineers will help us drive better technology and business outcomes.
WebOps – responsible for the 1,8k web assets that exist across PMI globally including our main corporate web sites and non-IQOS web sites, certificate management (and automation!) and traffic management.
TechOps – responsible for the management of the cloud platforms we use together with release deployment and fully accountable for all production systems and services.
CommerceOps – responsible for the omnichannel environment that sits around our eCommerce, offline, call center, subscriptions and payments platforms.
MarketingOps – responsible for our digital marketing, social media, consumer lifecycle and consumer engagement products. This team is responsible for the tools and services that we use to directly interact with our consumers at scale.
Partnering closely with our technology run partners, Infosys, and our colleagues in Architecture and Solution Management, our Application Engineers will focus on the delivery of key improvements to our full-stack landscape and ensure our technology stack is automated, integrated and running efficiently. We are hiring for Application Engineers of all levels and disciplines – our levels are Engineer, Senior Engineer and Principal Engineer.
We are expecting our Application Engineers to live and breathe customer solutions. Our technology footprint is large and unwiedly and needs to be consolidated, managed, automated and simplified – our constant optimization of it is of huge importance. The delivery team will comprise Service Partners, Continuous Improvement Leads and Planning & Delivery Leads to help the Application Engineers to deliver aligned with our markets, regions, functions and ultimately, our consumers. The team interact very closely with our vendor population, especially Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Adobe and SAP) to deliver change to the technology estate and integrate technology where vendors are less mature.
This position is an integral member of the wider technology function and will be highly visible, work across multiple teams to deliver automation solutions and drive both efficiency and effectiveness. It is essential that the role holder is a highly collaborative individual. We are seeking individuals that enjoy automating and reducing manual work – quality and time to market is important to us so it’s key that we have people who truly believe in this direction.
We will be hiring engineers of various levels: Junior, Midlevel, Senior and Principal ranging from SG10 to SG14, dependent on experience and maturity. Depth of experience in technology and leadership capability will be taken into account to assess the level of the individuals.
• Partner with Solution Management, Solution Architecture and our customers to deliver services and solutions for the technology stack
• Collaborate and drive the optimization of building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
• Proactively and relentlessly seeking opportunities to automate manual processes.
• Design cost-effective solutions and services ensuring that value is measured, tracked and realized at the end of key delivery points
• Driving on-boarding and adoption of our core automation tools, services and apps.
• Research and development of tooling and/or process to enable delivery, operations and infrastructure teams.
• Participating in and promoting the PMI DevOps and Technical Communities.
• Optimising systems for performance and scalability, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
• Ensure all services and solutions designed are built in adherence to PMI’s InfoSec policies and are fully industrialized for consumption by customers and technology groups.
• Focusing on automation, from our deployment pipelines to the creation of our cloud infrastructure to the consumption of our features and functions by self-service
• Enabling visibility with telemetry, logging, monitoring and alerting solutions.
• Working in a data driven environment to set, monitor and meet ambitious quality of service goals.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Ability to code and script in multiple languages with a demonstrable depth in the context of the engineer level (Engineer, Senior Engineer, Principle Engineer)
• Extensive experience of deploying technology solutions across cloud-native platforms. We predominantly use Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce Cloud, Adobe Cloud and others
• Demonstrable experience of integrating and industrializing technology platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on a global scale reducing operational and process waste
• Past experience of building, running and improving technology frameworks, tools etc. and industrializing these into day-to-day operations
• Demonstrable understanding of security and networking principles in a cloud-native environment
• Deep experience of integrating monitoring and alerting technologies, such as New Relic, Elastic 7, into the technology stack and driving significant change in the customer experience
• Has worked within, and can appreciate, the need for applying delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall etc. appropriately to the work being delivered
The job/role offer is subject to valid right to work in UK
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.