Be a part of a revolutionary transformation. At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something really huge. We’re building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
IT Consumer - Senior WebOps Engineer
Our Application Engineers sit within the delivery teams and are aligned to one of our delivery teams, MarketingOps, WebOps, TechOps or CommerceOps and we encourage cross-skilling and collaborating closely within our technology teams. Our Application Engineers will help us drive better technology and business outcomes.
WebOps – responsible for the 1,8k web assets that exist across PMI globally including our main corporate web sites and non-IQOS web sites, certificate management (and automation!) and traffic management.
We are expecting our Application Engineers to live and breathe customer solutions. Our technology footprint is large and unwieldy and needs to be consolidated, managed, automated and simplified – our constant optimization of it is of huge importance. The delivery team will comprise Service Partners, Continuous Improvement Leads and Planning & Delivery Leads to help the Application Engineers to deliver aligned with our markets, regions, functions and ultimately, our consumers. The team interact very closely with our vendor population, especially Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Adobe and SAP) to deliver change to the technology estate and integrate technology where vendors are less mature.
• Partner with Solution Management, Solution Architecture and our customers to deliver services and solutions for the technology stack
• Collaborate and drive the optimization of building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
• Proactively and relentlessly seeking opportunities to automate manual processes.
• Design cost-effective solutions and services ensuring that value is measured, tracked and realized at the end of key delivery points
• Driving on-boarding and adoption of our core automation tools, services and apps.
• Research and development of tooling and/or process to enable delivery, operations and infrastructure teams.
• Participating in and promoting the PMI DevOps and Technical Communities.
• Optimising systems for performance and scalability, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
• Ensure all services and solutions designed are built in adherence to PMI’s InfoSec policies and are fully industrialized for consumption by customers and technology groups.
• Focusing on automation, from our deployment pipelines to the creation of our cloud infrastructure to the consumption of our features and functions by self-service
• Enabling visibility with telemetry, logging, monitoring and alerting solutions.
• Working in a data driven environment to set, monitor and meet ambitious quality of service goals.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Ability to code and script in multiple languages with a demonstrable depth in the context of the engineer level (Engineer, Senior Engineer, Principle Engineer)
• Extensive experience of deploying technology solutions across cloud-native platforms. We predominantly use Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce Cloud, Adobe Cloud and others
• Demonstrable experience of integrating and industrializing technology platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on a global scale reducing operational and process waste
• Past experience of building, running and improving technology frameworks, tools etc. and industrializing these into day-to-day operations
• Demonstrable understanding of security and networking principles in a cloud-native environment
• Deep experience of integrating monitoring and alerting technologies, such as New Relic, Elastic 7, into the technology stack and driving significant change in the customer experience
• Has worked within, and can appreciate, the need for applying delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Waterfall etc. appropriately to the work being delivered