LINE LEAD (TOBACCO PROCESSING) – Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Your ‘day to day’
As Line Lead you will be part of our Manufacturing Department (Tobacco Processing) for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Business Unit Manager. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will lead the assigned RRP production line(s) with 24 hours accountability to deliver business result i.e. planned production volume in accordance with budget, as well as meeting all the requirements for safety and quality, and fully applying the Integrated Manufacturing System (IMS) and PMI standards and policies.
In this position, you will also be the line(s) owner of (a) Incident Elimination, (b) Quality Trigger, (c) Clean Inspect and Lubricate and (d) Defect Handling Daily Management Systems (DMS).
Specific responsibilities include:
• Autonomously leads and sets the 24 hours direction for the assigned RRP line(s) during the Daily Direction Setting (DDS) to deliver the business results and ensures the follow up actions are completed. Responsible for oversight of Safety metric, Quality Trigger, Incident Elimination, Clean, Inspect & Lubricate and Defect Handling DMSs and Production attainment results.
• Effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve the assigned RRP line(s) business results. Perform regular coaching to develop capabilities of the team on the daily management systems according to the IMS and to support in the personnel skill/technical development of each team member in order to build ownership and team autonomy. Build effective working relationships with all stakeholders through good communication, positive attitude and strong collaboration to enable the team to achieve the business result.
• Autonomously develops, leads and reviews the 90 days master plans to drive breakthrough results in machine performance in order to address the losses from (un)planned downtime. Ensures standard problem solving tools such as IPS, 6W2H & UPS are used to solve the chronic problems on the line(s) in a timely manner.
• Becomes responsible to ensure maintenance task lists are in place and leads the maintenance activities in the assigned RRP team to ensure stability, predictability and reliability of operations. Acts as the owner of defect handling and clean, inspect and lubrication DMS´s.
• Ensures that the quality trigger daily management system and standards are in place and used to guarantee the product quality, integrity and full traceability. As the quality trigger DMS owner, is responsible to define targets and monitor the result of quality indicators as well as leads the follow up actions to deliver high quality product.
• Follows up and initiates timely corrective/preventive actions to guarantee needed transactional and performance data records in all relevant systems and data based is precise and correct. The data or report is used as a source of legal and business processes performance management as based for business decision making.
• Leads the team through the IMS as an integral part of OPEN+. Defines priorities and continuously improves technical and system aspects of the business. Propose and execute the agreed strategies by building execution plans, trainings and people development plans, empowering team members in the spirit of zero loss mindset. Ensure the completion of the established training plan.
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS. Adhere to all Quality, Environment, and Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation. As the incident elimination DMS owner, he/she has to review safety incident investigations to ensure the corrective actions are in place. Execute weekly DMSs health checks to identify gaps and constraints in the organization and implement appropriate countermeasures accordingly.
Requirements & Skills:
• College/University degree in Engineering/Technical/Scientific areas or Technical High School.
• Ability to lead and manage people, Clear understanding of resource management (people and costs), Demonstrated leadership in the areas of safety and quality, Interpersonal collaboration skills and seeks input from broader team
• Effective communication skills
• High level of personal responsibility and accountability for results.
• Ability to work with data, information, and problem solving skills. Familiarity with structured problem tools, such as, IPS, UPS and 6W2H
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical data to support recommendations
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken
Grade level from: 8-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.