The Service Management Engineer brings deep understanding of system and software architecture to design complex solutions on the ServiceNow platform. He/she leads and prescribes customers to best practice, and collaborate with team members to achieve project goals. His/her ServiceNow skills are kept on the bleeding-edge and serve as technical and process subject matter expert to customers and teammates.
A day in the life:
· Participate in all technical aspects of delivering complex customer solutions on the ServiceNow platform, advising customers on best practice to create lasting value and enhanced experiences.
· Contribute on multiple Agile engagements, utilizing the PMI methodology and tools to enhance project efficiency and quality.
· Define technical and design approaches, lead daily scrums, and advise technical consulting resources on development and configuration activities.
· Co-lead sprint planning and review meetings, ensure the technical team follows the PMI methodology, and work to mitigate risk for PMI.
· Estimate time and effort for technical resources and proactively communicate progress and forecast changes to the Product Owner.
· Own the technical quality on projects, participate in code reviews, and oversee Go-Live/Upgrade planning efforts.
· Assist with discovery workshops and collaborate closely with Business Process Owners to define customer requirements.
· Support new opportunities by providing technical demonstrations, technical scoping work estimates, and proposal/SOW reviews.
· Participate in internal knowledge sharing, coaching, and collaboration activities and initiatives.