Quality Engineer – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Quality Engineer you'll provide quality support to other departments to help them achieve a high level of material, product and process quality. You'll also be responsible for initiating improvements related to products and processes and ensure the improvement and/or maintenance of local Quality Management System (QMS).
More specifically, you'll
• Provide technical quality support and expertise in order to improve material, products and quality performance
• Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and deviations, liaise with concerned parties to find out the root cause and take meaningful preventive/corrective actions
• Define, establish and maintain a Quality Management System and execute internal and external training to all PMI employees so as to drive and share excellence within PMI
• Challenge all standard processes and products and propose efficiency initiatives
• Establish a system to identify, record and evaluate internal or external quality complaints and investigate and resolve critical deviations
• Lead and/or make sure internal audits are appropriately performed and corrective actions identified, followed-up and documented
• Ensure a positive relationship with internal/external partners, focusing on collaboration and information exchange, to ensure excellent quality and compliance with our requirements, standardization and continuous improvement
Who we’re looking for
• University degree in Biological sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering or equivalent
• Meaningful experience in Quality Assurance within tobacco, food or pharmaceutical industry
• Advanced knowledge of applicable standards (ISO, GCP, ICH, GMP and GLP)
• Effective communicator, action driven, used to work with multiple partners
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office
• Proficiency in French and good knowledge of English
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.