Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The scale of our transformation means we’re effectively building a vast new business, at pace. In P&C (People & Culture - our HR function), we have a huge part to play, defining and shaping our new customer focused culture, organising functions to work more effectively together and attracting the best talent with new types of skills to join us.
It’s an exciting, ever-changing environment – ideal for HR subject experts who are driven, disruptive and dynamic. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the challenge of shaping things from the ground up, you’ll be in your element here. There’s endless space to develop too, so you’ll be progressing your career as fast as you build our smoke-free future.
Your ‘day to day’
To remain focused on our commitment to a smoke free future with RRP as the driver of future growth, we are enhancing innovation and putting consumer centricity at the heart of all that we do. This means a fundamental shift in mind-set and capabilities needed from our senior leaders to successfully impact on PMIs transformation.
The role of the Senior Manager, Executive Development, is to lead on the capability building of our senior leaders, new hires and existing senior talent (our Senior Management Team and those from Director level and above) so that they can begin by reinventing and transforming themselves and to simultaneously empower and encourage their team to take them along the journey to sustain our growth and deliver on our Strategy.
• Working closely with the Head of Executive Development to define the key capabilities needed for our senior leadership and to set the standards for Executive Development to ensure PMI now only attracts the best talent in the market but retains them and develops our existing internal talent.
• Responsible for leading the Development Planning process for all senior leaders. Representation on Governance board, maintaining relationships with vendors and responsible for SLA’s.
• Management and Quality Assurance of Development Executives undertaking development conversations with senior leaders.
• Capability building for P&C so that Development Planning comes under BaU by P&C Directors.
• Crafting and ensuring delivery of Customised Executive Development initiatives for the SMT and other senior executive teams. These include Forums, Dialogue event and other initiatives such as a GM/MD Talent Program, Executive Transitions Program, Senior Team Development and Senior Leadership Team Development journeys.
• Responsibility for the PMI Faculty and Coaches to ensure ease of use and the highest standards of delivery to senior executives in facilitation and executive coaching.
• Work with the Coaching/Faculty Manager to ensure an up to date record of all faculty qualifications and accreditation to ensure they are well suited to our capability needs.
• Work with the Coaching/ Faculty Manager to conduct ongoing evaluations of all Faculty members’ current and required level of performance and provide effective feedback aligned with executive development standards
• Work with the Coaching/Faculty Manager to ensure that the right faculty are matched with the range of capability building initiatives. This requires in-depth knowledge and experience of working with expert faculty globally who can disrupt our senior leaders way of thinking and empower them to implement innovative solutions
• Build internal coaching capability, in addition to using the existing external coaches, making both internal and external coaches an essential component of our executive development strategy
• Access and involve PMI leaders in the development of other leaders.
• Line management of an Executive Development/Coaching Manager and a Co-ordinator who will help run Faculty and initiatives.
• Project Management responsibilities, e.g. maintaining costs within budget and updating Service Now (SNOW).
• Ad hoc projects as the need arises.
Who we’re looking for
• Excellent track record in Corporate Learning and Development. Ideally in a FMCG, Tech, Consulting or Pharma for a complex and matrixed multinational organisation.
• Proven ability to both design and execute innovative development programmes for global senior leadership audiences and senior management consulting in leadership topics.
• Experience in designing and implementing development plans.
• A sound understanding of assessments and how to implement them into actions/development interventions.
• Experience in virtual and online delivery methodologies including blended learning
• Ability to design and run senior team interventions
• Experience in senior management onboarding and transitions
• Experience in coaching, running a coaching faculty and team coaching
• Line management and budgeting experience
• Occupational Psychology/Psychometric and Executive Coaching qualifications. ICF, Hogan, BPS Accreditation. Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
• Strong background in working with the business / executive management teams - credibility, experience, resilience and maturity
• Experience / ability to work in an international, highly diverse (generations, cultures, genders), dynamic, changing environment
• Be a self-starter, being able to quickly build a network across different levels, have strong resilience
• Be a courageous leader with high learning agility and natural curiosity for new things
• Willingness to travel occasionally for work
• Other languages are considered a plus
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress.
Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.