Organization Unit: External Affairs (Social & Economics Affair)
Reporting Manager: Director Social &Economic Affairs
Purpose of the Position:
To establish, develop, and manage proactive and constructive relations with governmental bodies, politicians, and decision makers in the Japanese government while taking into account PMI EA global strategy and internal policies and procedures. Through these activities, you will anticipate, promote, and influence legislative discussions and thereby create future fiscal regulations based on science and risk-continuum approach, conducive to the development of PMJ’s business goals and objectives. In close co-operation with Fiscal Affairs & International Trade at RHQ and PMI OC, implement strategies to introduce and maintain favourable tax regimes, customs duties, and other rates for the importation, manufacture and distribution of company’s products in Japan.
- Analysis, planning, and execution of RRP fiscal strategy; Includes developing fiscal model with a support of OC/RHQ fiscal teams; develop stakeholder engagement and action plans to proactively advocate for a long term fiscal model that is appropriate for Japan in the future. Drive the continuously successful commercialization of IQOS. Engagement and action plans include clear objectives, specific tactics, and timelines for execution, well-defined messages and argumentation for targeted stakeholders accompanied by appropriate tracking tools to monitor execution. Tactical utilization of expertise in PMI OC EA and RHQ to achieve efficient and effective engagements.
- Identify, analyze, and assess fiscal, political, and regulatory trends that affect the industry and our business, particularly from fiscal aspect; Develop and present solutions to address issues of concern, and drive execution on agreed solution.
- Manage advocacy engagements with fiscal, political, bureaucratic industry stakeholders, and other relevant opinion leaders to build allies/coalitions in support of tobacco harm reduction and risk-continuum approach to future regulations based on science and the creation of a fiscal environment accelerating smoke free products in Japan. Proactively communicate company’s views and positions in support of tobacco harm reduction for fiscal policies. Analyze intelligence and observations from these engagements, and refine action plans as may be necessary.
- Educating internal stakeholders on fiscal environment and science behind PMI's RRP efforts; Develop the right narrative on our long term fiscal objectives and roadmap to achieve these. Identify and collaborate with independent KOLs and influencers on tobacco related or health related fiscal policies to advocate for harm reduction and risk continuum approach to fiscal policies in Japan.
- Develop direct reports and conduct seamless knowledge transfer.
- College/University: Degree in Economics, Public Finance, Public Affairs, Business Administration or related fields
- Minimum of 5 year experience in finance, business development, planning or fiscal strategy
- Understanding of excise tax and customs structure; financial statements and business implications
- Strong communication skills
- People management experience
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- You must also be versatile to work in an agile changing environment and produce business outcomes