Manager Data Science – Yerevan, Armenia
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Manager Data Science you'll build and deploy the strategy for the Armenian data science stream. You'll have to build, equip and train a group of hardworking data specialists to support the PMI needs. You'll also drive the data science projects and develop appropriate strategies to introduce new methodologies that meet the business needs.
More specifically, you'll
• Shape, build and execute an appropriate strategy for the local data science team, adapted to the ever-changing needs
• Plan and conduct data analytics projects from concept to completion, applying bold thinking and scientific/technical judgment
• Ensure alignment with the internal partners, both locally and internationally
• Review the latest scientific/technological developments and identify those that should be researched further. Identify external partners capable to develop perspective scientific/technical solutions.
• Build, train and develop a team of hardworking and agile data scientists. Set clear objectives, measure their performance and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis.
• Participate in and/or lead multi-disciplinary, cross-functional problem solving/project teams. Collaborate across sites or functions to generate innovative solutions and ideas and direct vendors/external resources regarding projects or scientific/technical issues.
• Provide mentorship to the relevant parties to ensure appropriate expertise is utilized and transferred to meet the resource requirements and the departmental goals
Who we’re looking for
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent, with specialization in Data Analytics; PhD is an asset
• Meaningful experience in Data Science, ideally in a large corporate multinational and cutting-edge environment, as a team leader. Relevant international assignments (outside of Armenia) is a strong plus
• Energy and drive; natural motivator supporting the teams to achieve objectives while providing a space to deliver
• Proven ability to build dynamic relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of partners internally and externally
• Robust people management experience in an international fast paced work environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in English and good understanding of Armenian. Knowledge of Russian is considered a plus.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.