2-year Post-Doctoral Fellow in Product Research – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Product Research group, you will:
• Help on deepen our understanding on chemical reactivity linked to toxicology and on the required evidence to build in the context of regulation associated to toxicological assessment.
• Contribute to the development of a Chemical Reactivity-directed Non-Targeted Screening assay that streamline comprehensive non-targeted screening on toxicological relevant compounds by addressing chemical reactivity towards biological macromolecules.
• Lead and conduct studies aiming to understand the link between chemical reactivity towards nucleophilic model compounds representing key features of relevant biological macromolecules.
• Support the development of a structure identification strategy to link nucleophile adducts to parent compounds, including metabolism aspects.
• Work in a dynamic cross-functional environment, including product research, product stewardship and biomedical research.
Who we’re looking for
• PhD in toxicology, medicinal chemistry or pharmacology with expertise in chemical research in toxicology.
• Advanced knowledge of xenobiotic metabolism and computational toxicology.
• Knowledge of liquid chromatography coupled to high resolution mass spectrometry and computational mass spectrometry.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and lead applied research project with minimum scientific guidance.
• Comfortable in working collaboratively with cross-functional research teams with various competencies and cultures.
• Clear and effective communication, good presentation and writing skills
• Fluent in English (verbal and written).
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress.
Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.