External Affairs Trainee
EVERYBODY WINS WITH AN INTERNSHIP!
We foster curiosity and personal ambition. The more you learn, the more you progress – and so do we as a Company. That is why we invest in you and in your development. So, come take part to the biggest shift in our history. Step out of your comfort zone. Meet different cultures and personalities every single day. Build a diverse and international network. Be part of something big.
We’re currently looking for an:
External Affairs Trainee within Philip Morris Senegal’s External Affairs Department
As an External Affairs Trainee, you will support the External affairs team for:
• Collect and analyze Finance Law project – update/create memos on excise, VAT and other taxes changes
• Monitor and analyze IMF report (Rapport IV)
• Gather intelligence on the fiscal events in the region and fiscal perspectives
• Support the Fiscal Manager with simulations on fiscal impact of new taxes
• Follow up fiscal perspectives at WHO level and share reports
• Develop a good understanding on Tobacco Control Law ‘TCL’ for each market
• Gather intelligence through the internet and upcoming consultant network on Tobacco Control Act initiatives
• Collect and analyze TCL project – provide an excel file summary on provision and impact on the business
• Initiate draft position paper
• Support with the Department budget management:
o Support monthly closing by collecting within the Team air tickets and advance amount request if expense when applicable
o Support with budget Rolling Forecast (RF) preparation file
o Prepare monthly and year end accrual template
o Support with the preparation of the team’s Travel & Entertainment budget file
o Follow up invoice treatment status in SAP
o Follow up open transactions with Budget & Reporting team
• Support with documents archiving
• Submit contracts in the system for approval flow
• Manage consultant’s invoices payment
• Handle other AD HOC requests according to business needs
• University degree in Finance, Economics, Taxation or any other related degree
• Previous experience (internship) of at least 6 months in Taxation/Finance position
• Experienced in using Microsoft Office Tools
• Strong business sense and appreciation for confidentiality in sensitive situations
• Fluent in both French and English
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Internship opportunity for at least 6 months renewable.
• Financial compensation during the internship.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.