SUPERVISOR QUALITY CONTROL – Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Your ‘day to day’
As Supervisor Quality Control you will be part of our Quality Department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Manager Quality Control. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will plan, organize and control the Quality control and product testing activities of manufactured products and material, being responsible of the high quality, reliability and compliance to standard, of the data generated at laboratory.
In your job you will supervise team leaders, ensures optimized use of resources and allocation of highly educated and trained staff members. It provides and maintains a fast and high quality services to the different partners/customers (Operations Manufacturing, RRP Affiliates, Protoyping & Industrialisation, PPI). This is achieved by having an excellent understanding about the different projects and partner’s needs and maintaining a high level of know-how about conventional and RRPs business.
You will also be responsible for team members to develop their skills according to their development plans and expertise (on the technical aspect and interpersonal skills).
Finally, you will collaborate with partners for all matters related to lab organization. In that regard, a strong relationship is expected with the MSAT, OPS Quality and Operations QC teams at affiliates; in order to share information, scientific expertise and lead activities related to the Quality control.
Specific responsibilities include:
• To transfer the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies into procedures and work instructions. To discipline and monitor the Department activities and keep an healthy and safe-conscious working environment, in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, Company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
- Supervise activities of laboratory team leaders in the execution of Quality control and Product testing, applying standard control strategy as well as extended complex method portfolio as CoE Lab.
- Motivate team members and encourage professional and career development within each teams to enable them to perform all their assigments. Ensure a qualification matrix availability for each role and define a training path and plan for each team member.
- Ensure the maintenance and calibration of QC measuring methods and equipments in order to ensure constant and reliable results.
- Ensure timely management of Audit findings, Changes, NC and CAPA.
- Ensure scientific and technical quality of the test performed within laboratories. This goes in accordance with QMS compliance and external standard (FDA, ISO17'25).
- Manage the Analytical portfolio of the Laboratories, by transfering relevant methods (AMT), improving and developing&validating methods where relevant.
- Monitor and ensure application of all PMI good laboratories practises. Ensure record data availabilty and reliability.
- Support the department budget definition. Monitor the expenses in order to ensure that they comply with the budgetary decisions.
- As Supervisor of Center of Excellence Laboratory, the incubent is leading the technical community of its field of activity (communication, education, alignment of practices, re-aplication, improvement initiative management)
Requirements & Skills:
• University Master degree in Masters degree in Chemistry sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience.
• At least 3-5 years experience in quality assurance in tobacco, food, pharmaceutical or similar industry and/or 3-5 years experience as a specialist in a relevant area of activity.
• Advanced knowledge on main analytical and chemical techniques like Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, spectroscopy.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant standards (ISO, ICH, GMP and GLP)
• Advanced knowledge of Informatics Systems and tools (MS Office, LIMS, EDMS).
• Strong communication, negotiation, ability to coach, technology & business process acumen, deal with ambiguity, managerial courage, result oriented, project management, Team management
• Fluent both in English and Italian
Grade level from: 10
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.