QUALITY ENGINEER – Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Your ‘day to day’
As Quality Engineer, you will be part of our Quality department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Manager Quality Control. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will provide a full Quality support and expertise to other departments in order to achieve a high level of Quality material, product and process.
In your role, you will be responsible for initiating improvements related to processes and products, providing technical or analytical direction to solve quality and/or operational issues while looking for productivity and standardization opportunities.
Finally, the Quality Engineer will ensure the improvement and/or maintenance of local Quality Management System (QMS) with related procedures in alignment with QMS Compliance and Central Quality.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Quality Support: Provide technical Quality support and expertise in order to improve material, products and Quality performances. Provide support for the review/update of the manufacturing process characterization.
• Non-Conformities Management: Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and deviation. Take the decision to quarantine the non-conforming material/products and liaise with concerned parties to find out the root cause and take relevant preventives/correctives actions.
• Quality Management System: Define, establish and maintain a Quality Management System. Coordinate and support the establishment of all related procedures supporting good manufacturing practices and approve all procedures.
• Lead initiatives in order to improve the quality standards of products. Support the work team to plan the tests and the analysis needed availing herself/himself of the concept of: Total Quality, Lean Manufacturing and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
• Complaints: Establish a system to identify, record and evaluate internal or external quality complaints and investigate and resolve critical deviations. Define and implement a monitoring system for consumer and customer complaints through when appropriate historical data and trend analysis to identify potential deviations and preventive actions. Ensure execution and update of monthly, weekly and on demand quality reports.
• Audit Support: Lead and/or make sure internal audits (self-inspections) including quality system audits, infestation control and external audits are appropriately performed and corrective actions identified, followed-up and documented.
• Collaboration: Ensure a strong partnership with internal/external stakeholders focusing on collaboration and information exchange in order to ensure excellent quality and Compliance with our requirements, standardization and continuous improvement. Execute internal and external training to all PMI employees, as subject matter expert in QMS, quality process and product in order to drive and share excellence within PMI.
• Health, Safety & Environment: Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering or equivalent or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in quality Assurance in tobacco, food, pharmaceutical or similar industry
• Advanced knowledge of relevant standards (ISO, ICH, GMP).
• Well-developed IT skills and project management skills.
• Advanced knowledge on Quality tools, root cause analysis, analytical skills, statistical tool knowledge
• Fluent in English written and spoken and desirable Italian.
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2019, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.