PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL: BUILDING A SMOKE-FREE FUTURE
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S.
PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements.
PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMIScience (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.
Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
We are currently hiring for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team developing and operating our PMI Enterprise Data Platform. PMI Enterprise Data Platform is a strategic capability to drive new consumer insights, to improve consumer experience, to enable fast context-aware decision making and to optimize operations along the value chain. This role will be based at PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o in the Information Technology (IT) Department in Kraków, Poland.
- MMaintain, Support and Evolve PMI Data Lake (Enterprise Landing) composed of the following AWS services
- S3 Buckets
- Monitor Costs for AWS
- Support Python and Spark Scripts
- Implement security policies
- Monitor support queue and resolve incidents
- Monitor overall platform performance and make recommendations to improve and implement system-wide changes to enhance overall platform proficiency.
- Build and maintain the automated DevOps toolchain, related processes and best practices.
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large data sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks (internal platforms e.g. data architecture, modern data warehouse solutions and automation around supported solution), develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
- Bachelor degree in computer science.
- At least one year of proven hands-on experience in majority of the mentioned AWS services
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with authentication and network technologies like Active Directory, AzureAD or LDAP
- Experience with continuous Integration and delivery such as Jenkins and Jenkins pipelines.
- Familiar with security concerns (i.e., networking, Active Directory, Kerberos, SAML, OpenID Connect, two factor authentication, SSL, VPN).
- Good communication skills.
- Basic programing skills
- Practitioner of DevOps principles
NICE TO HAVE
- AWS Certifications
- Spark Library experience
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation frameworks such Ansible, Chef or similar tools.
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Datadog, Newrelic, Nagios, Prometheus, or similar.
- Experience working in agile environment using methodologies such Scrum or Kanban
- You are curious and keen to learn and experiments with new technologies quickly
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted.