INDUSTRIAL PROJECTS ENGINEER
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Industrial Projects Engineer, you will be part of Prototyping & Industrialization department for Philip Morris International Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will be reporting to the Manager P1 Industrial Projects. The position will be based in Zola Predosa, BO.
A key responsibility will be develop, along industrialization projects in which he/she is involved, the knowledge about product, process, machinery and organization, with the purpose to build the set of records that will allow the knowledge sharing with stakeholders.
Additionally, you will drive analysis of project performances and process improvements in terms of safety, quality, cost, productivity, waste and work organization, with the purpose to support project leader in delivering project commitments.
Finally, the Industrial Projects Engineer will be responsible to identify missing links or gaps in the process and to interact with the appropriate organizational stakeholders to ensure the solution is addressed.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Act in conformity with Compliance and Integrity principles, promoting compliance culture.
• Carries out all of the activities above delegated to her/him, ensuring that his/her actions are adherent to PMI Compliance Policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities.
• Complies with all EHS&S policies and procedures effective in PMMTB. Actively participate into improvement actions that reduce environmental impact and increase all employees' safety.
• Through daily activity, in support to project execution, develop process and product knowledge that is the base for process stabilization & reliability and transfer this to operational team (manufacturing, quality, supply chain, IS, ...).
• Support the Project Leader/Manager into management of operational activities in order to fill the identified process gaps and develop the adequate technical expertise.
• Actively supports project leader and manufacturing management in the definition of the skills set required to lead the process after machinery/process handover.
• Analyzes and reports main losses in process capability in the project platform in which he/she operates.
• Proposes countermeasures and support the improvement initiatives using project management as well as lean manufacturing principles. Apply PDCA methodology and statistical tools (DOE, ANOVA, and Correlation Analysis), problem solving attitude and scientific approach.
• Coordinate the global development, standardization and continuous improvement of Process Control systems.
• Coordinate the activities with the different stakeholders (e.g. OEMS, equipment suppliers, affiliates, CoE's, other functions)
• Global and regional coordination of the subject matter experts.
• Provide knowledge transfer and expertise on the subject of Process Control & Data Engineering.
• Monitor project KPIs and suggest reviews and improvements in methods.
• Monitor quality & process KPIs supporting project leaders, Quality & Manufacturing organization in defining achievable standards and operational KPIs that could be sustainable. Analyze shortfalls in current practices, methods, process parameters and technical machine specification attributes, with the purpose to suggest and coordinate corrective initiative in order to foster continuous improvement of the processes and better compliance to the PM standards.
• Collaborates with QA department in analyzing the process and the product, supporting the implementation of quality improvement initiatives. Defines test plans and lead their execution, both organizing with al the department involved and coordinating when necessary any support given, in order to obtain the highest quality standards while assuring they are as well reliable and replicable, evaluating at the same time if they are coherent with the manufacturing cost defined.
• Actively participate into development of technological process compliance to RRP/GMP standards, supporting the Technology Leader, thanks to data collecting and analysis, with the purpose to drive the correct setting implementation for expected results. Collaborates with Manufacturing Maintenance department in order to set the maintenance plan for the platform in which he/she is involved, with the goal for foster the reliability of the new process technologies introduced by Technology Leaders.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent on-field experience
• 1-2 years in Operational environment (experienced as Process Support Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Quality Engineer, Development Engineer, Industrial Engineer, ...)
• Good knowledge of manufacturing processes for engineering materials.
• Excellent level of Problem Solving.
• Good mastery of office automation tools.
• Good level of Project Management.
• Good knowledge of Statistics and SPCs
• Good mastery of lean principles, methodologies and tools
• Fluent in English and Italian written and spoken
Grade level from: 6-7
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.