Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
External Affairs is a team, full of fresh opportunities. Our smoke-free transformation is completely changing the way we engage. We have stakeholders to talk to and brave new messages to share. We need talented people who are also excited by our sense of purpose to help expand our advocacy – with the media, legislators, health professionals, national governments and public policy-makers.
As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts in everything from fiscal affairs and illicit trade to sustainability and regulatory policy. Join us and use your relationship-building skills for good: to change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
You will be part of the External Affairs function of Philip Morris International in Brussels.
Your role will be to develop fiscal affairs strategies envisaging the current and future PMI product portfolio of Reduced Risk Products (RRPs) and you will be assessing the appropriate tax framework that will help to accelerate the switch of smokers from combustible tobacco products to RRPs.
In this role, you will be collaborating with economists, fiscal experts and will work in close coordination with the Commercialization, R&D, Regulatory and Finance Teams. You are expected to have understanding of taxation, economics and public finance matters & policy; your success, will be driven by your enthusiasm, creativity and interest of exploring different business models.
Responsibilities will include:
• Serve as a think-tank on fiscal and economic aspects of RRPs
• Support in the development/assessment of appropriate tax frameworks for RRPs
• Conduct literature research in the area taxation, economics, incentives and industry transformation; liaise with economists and public finance experts
• Contribute to the development of RRP fiscal strategies envisaging current and future PMI product portfolio
• Prepare position papers on taxation of RRPs
• Manage EU/global taxation data and develop tools to assist the External Affairs teams in the markets
• Coordinate fiscal affairs related activities in close coordination with Commercialization, R&D, Regulatory, Finance and Indirect Tax Teams at PMI and EU Region
• BSc or Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Finance, Public Affairs, Business Administration or related fields
• Excellent working experience in strategy consultancy, policy consultancy, international finance organization, or highly regulated industries; experience in health economics in health insurance and/or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to build business models and run pricing scenario analysis
• Must be curious on business matters and a self-starter, who eagerly and openly shares with others, exchanging ideas
• Inspired to pursue new ideas in a highly dynamic environment
• Ability to collaborate in cross functional teams
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Fluent in English; excellent writing skills in English
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress.
Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.