BE A PART OF A REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As a manager, you will lead and manage the Sustainability team in the factory and act as management advisor for all sustainability topics and work to engage all to develop and sustain together a strong sustainability culture.
You will drive the company to achieve Sustainability's commitments and to ensure that sustainability systems and programs are implemented and continuously improved.
You will ensure legal compliance with sustainability requirements to sustain the affiliates license to operate & act as official sustainability representative towards authorities, government officials and auditing bodies.
Lastly, you will support the strategies/objectives in order to promote and realize synergies, sharing and learning opportunities, and enhance overall performance in assigned organizational scope.
• This is a leadership role. You will be tasked to manage & develop people, continuously improve processes and performance, & provide oversight to the department. You will need to improve sustainability management and provide oversight with incident and emergency management & ensure timely and accurate reporting. You will establish and lead an internal sustainability governance board to properly assign ownership and responsibilities within the affiliate's management team, and finally, regularly screen and update the internal sustainability training framework and benchmark with needs and updates according to changed risk landscapes and task profiles.
• You will ensure the implementation of the sustainability management systems (e.g. ISO, OHSAS), in line with the company Sustainability Principles and Practices and applicable regulatory requirements, by engaging the management and employees and facilitate continuous improvement. Ensure that procedures and programs are understood, respected and integrated in day to day processes and activities, and compliance to legal requirements is maintained. Define the plan and budget cycle for the affiliate providing input to ensure optimal allocation of resources.
• You will ensure timely incident reporting, investigation, analysis, and corrective actions. Inform managers and employees of the root causes of incidents within the operation and PMI organization, in order to create awareness and prevent re-occurrence of injury to people and losses to the company.
• You will have to manage timely reporting of sustainability performance indicators to affiliate management, region and OC. Ensure that the data is accurate and validated to provide highlight achievements, areas of concern, opportunities for improvement, to correct possible deviations and to enable senior management to support improvement actions and prioritization. Data accuracy must be maintained to provide our Sustainability Report and other voluntary reporting schemes (e.g. CDP, DJSI)
• On emergency preparedness, you will contribute in the development of this in order to eliminate or minimize losses due to emergency incident (as per PMI definition), Business Continuity Plan and its maintenance. Provide support to business in the post-incident investigation and root cause analysis.
• Finally, you have an oversight on accurate communication and sharing of best practices between OC, manufacturing and market Sustainability, in order to initiate and accelerate the cooperation between internal and external stakeholders.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related area and management experience
• Possess know-how in OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
• Proper qualification as per local legal requirements
• International certifications (e.g. NEBOSH) are a plus
• Fluent in English & Korean
• Master or University degree in Engineering/Chemical/technical areas, specific University course in Environmental, Health & Safety disciplines
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Be able to work in flexible work schedule, and receive competitive compensation & benefits including Group life and accident insurance, Welfare card etc.
• Contract Type - Permanent
• Work location - Philip Morris Korea, 67, Sanmakgongdannam 12-gil, Yangsan-si, Gyeongsangnam-do (30min in drive from Busan)
HOW TO APPLY
• Go PMI career site, "www.pmi.com/careers" and set ‘South Korea’ and search for the job
• Click ‘Apply Now’ button and ‘Upload a File’ for new applicants
• Upload your English Resume either in Word or PDF format (merge your files into one file named as your English name, i.e., CV Gildong Hong)
• Fill in basic information such as employment and education
• Create password and submit application