Director Scientific Engagement
BE A PART OF A REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Corporate Communications is a growing team, full of fresh opportunities. Our smoke-free transformation is completely changing the way we engage. We have stakeholders to talk to and brave new messages to share. We need talented people who are also excited by our sense of purpose to help expand our influence – on the media, legislators, health professionals, national governments and public policy-makers.
As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts in everything from fiscal affairs and illicit trade to sustainability and public health legislation. Join us and use your relationship-building skills for good: to change the lives of a billion smokers.
You are responsible for managing scientific engagement strategies and plans on Korea market specific basis. Direct the development of supporting tools and materials in collaboration with senior R&D scientists and External Affairs stakeholders. Act as a key resource for external and internal scientific communications and facilitates understanding of complex scientific concepts across a broad audience. Responsible for driving the health outcome studies of PMI’s reduced risk products (RRPs) and scientific regulatory affairs to further improve PMI's scientific credibility and build tobacco harm reduction awareness, in order to help create the regulatory framework and environment necessary for the successful commercialization of RRPs.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
• Develop and execute market-specific scientific engagement plans to drive and manage advocacy engagements with scientific stakeholders in collaboration with EA, Communications and relevant functions including RHQ and R&D, especially communicate / engage with organizations, societies and communities of medical / scientific fields to increase their awareness on harm reduction tobacco products and leverage their influence on the scientific validation, which can be led to establish laws and regulations appropriate for harm reduction products. Identify global and market-specific tobacco harm reduction advocates and key scientific opinion leaders.
• Identify market-specific tobacco harm reduction advocates and key scientific opinion leaders by proactively engagement efforts and mobilize global / regional coalition of KSOLs and activate KSOLs network
• Coordinate and support PMI R&D’s ongoing post-market assessment studies in Korea with a collaboration with CROs (clinical research organization), OC and R&D function and drive locally-initiated researches in relevant fields such as diseases risk reduction (health outcome) in Korea by engaging with potential study investigators to realize the study
• Deliver Tobacco Harm Reduction approach and company vision / position on smoke free products to key media outlets via interview, article and column in cooperation with communication team and THR concept presentation at key scientific conference and medical programs (Hospital seminar)
• Educate internal stakeholders on scientific regulatory affairs and science behind PMI's RRP efforts. Educate internal stakeholders on regulatory/ business environment and science behind PMI's RRP efforts
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline.
• Master of public health or Doctor of Medicine preferred
• Significant experience in managing complex cross-functional projects
• Experience in managing senior and multi-discipline stakeholders
• Experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical industry
• Good command of written and spoken English
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Be able to work in flexible work schedule (half-day Fridays), and receive competitive compensation & benefits including Group life and accident insurance, Welfare card etc.
• Contract Type - Permanent
• Work location - Philip Morris Korea, 10, Gukjegeumyung-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Korea
HOW TO APPLY
• Go PMI career site, "www.pmi.com/careers" and set ‘South Korea’ and search for the job
• Click ‘Apply Now’ button and ‘Upload a File’ for new applicants
• Upload your English Resume either in Word or PDF format (merge your files into one file named as your English name, i.e., CV Gildong Hong)
• Fill in basic information such as employment and education
• Create password and submit application