PMI is looking for a global Network / Connectivity Architect. This position will be part of an agile team of architects and engineers located in Krakow, Poland and working to build the future of PMI Networks and support our Cloud Transformation journey.
PMI Connectivity team supports the truly global network, including WAN, MAN, LAN, Wireless LAN, firewalls, load balancers, remote access solutions, etc. This team works hand in hand with our Managed Network Service Provider to support PMI networks around the globe.
- Responsible for the enterprise connectivity infrastructure, including the planning, design, and implementation follow up of PMI network solutions. Work on proactively seeking opportunities to improve and enhance PMI networks.
- Support major network transformation projects by contributing and collaborating with Cloud and Solution Architects; develop operational documentation, process mapping and standards for the Team and our MNSP
- Studies vendor products to determine best fit with PMI requirements. Work with network equipment vendors, telecom carriers, network monitoring equipment/software vendors. Recommends technology solutions based on vendor capabilities and product/service offerings to ensure the network is operational, reliable, secure, and efficient
- Collaborate with vendor support service groups or provides internal analysis and support to ensure accurate escalation during outages or periods of degraded network performance.
- Responsible for complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the telecommunications function (such as, but not limited to, network design, engineering, implementation, or operations/user support). Engages in complex systems process analysis, design, and simulation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Master’s degree and more than 5 years of designing, managing, or supporting enterprise data and voice networks
- Previous telecommunications vendor / service provider or large enterprise experience
- Advanced certifications from vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Riverbed or F5
- Experience in managing requirements for a large global network backbone
- Expertise with the following technologies:
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco Meraki and vEdge
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- IPSEC VPN
- F5 LTM
- Datacenter networking (Arista), DMZ and DDI
- Hybrid (cloud + on-premise) connectivity
- Knowledge of Industrial Networks (ICS, Purdue, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of Skype for Business / Microsoft Teams, VoIP, SIP, SBCs, etc. is a plus
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted.