Be a part of a groundbreaking change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
We are looking for a Manager Operations Excellence to define and develop our ways of working in Engineering/Maintenance and Continuous Improvement Operations by building capabilities and implementing standards of working to achieve excellence in what we do. You will drive projects and continuous improvements by defining and evolving standards and control strategy.
• Plan, propose, supervise and direct the activities of the Engineering and Maintenance activities, in order to meet present and future production objectives, quality, cost and safety standards within the approved operating and investment budget.
• Lead the deployment of lean system according to the defined plan strategy to unleash people capabilities, achieve step change in performance, drive innovation through increasing organization reliability and agility in the Operation. Ensure lean system deployment in the Operation in an integrated and collaborative way to increase engagement and ownership, deliver value through adopting and improving best practices in a standardized and systematic way.
• Manage the area (processes, strategies, equipment, resources) and lead the team under your responsibility in the search for the best operating results, continuous improvement and organizational climate in order to guarantee the growth of the area and the sustainability of company.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or any related field
• Demonstrated expertise in Engineering, Project Management and Continuous Improvement Methodologies in a regulated environment (tobacco, agro business, food industry, etc)
• 5 -10 years of successful experience managing strategic projects across different groups and disciplines
• Experienced and certified Six Sigma Black/Green Belt or Lean Expert
• Solid understanding of tobacco products is a plus
• Ability to build effective teams and foster a strong collaborative culture internally and with external partners
• Strong problem solving and organizational capabilities coupled with proven leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Strong reputation in engaging in proactive behavior and seizing opportunities
• Fluent in English (both written and oral)
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Northeast Operations Excellence Team group at Philip Morris Brazil NE Operation.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.