Are you a detail-oriented individual with the ability to be organized and self-driven? If the answer is the answer is yes, then we’d like to hear from you.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Philip Morris is looking for talented individuals to join its Procurement Team. You will lead DIM sourcing activities to ensure non tobacco materials availability at optimal cost while complying with PMI internal requirements and external market dynamics. You will handle Global category strategy deployment / Regional Category Source to Contract ensuring flexibility, cost efficiency, supply security and sustainability; budgeting with focus on accurate price forecasts, consistent SVC; regional supplier performance management setting up sustainable and responsible supplier base; productivity development & implementation for regionally sources categories and contribution to global productivity pipeline; regional risk management with tested business continuity scenarios; handling of any requirements or claims with financial implications on PMI.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
CATEGORY STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT & DEPLOYMENT
• For globally managed/led categories:
o Contribute to the definition of global DIM category strategies and vendor footprint taking into consideration regional business requirements and supply market trends to secure materials availability at optimal total cost of ownership and implement strategy in the region.
o Implement data driven sourcing, maintaining efficient cooperation with DIM OC team. Provide full support to biddings led by OC: input in part of volume projection, terms and conditions, regional demand dynamics specifics, insights on logistics, portfolio evolution to be reflected in global bidding process.
o Manage standardization and streamlining of the regional vendor portfolio for assigned categories by identifying, selecting and (re-)contracting appropriate vendors in line with defined category sourcing strategies. Develop and recommend specific sourcing scenarios for assigned regional category group(s) on the basis of spend analysis findings, extensive knowledge of the relevant supply markets and consolidated business requirements.
• For regionally managed categories:
o Define and implement DIM category strategies and vendor footprint for regional materials based on business requirements and supply market trends to secure material availability at optimal total cost of ownership.
o Lead biddings and negotiations with regional category suppliers to ensure consistent productivity pipeline, supply network efficiency (on time in full, quality, TCO) and sustainability. Negotiate optimal terms and conditions with vendors/suppliers, leveraging know-how of the vendor/supplier market and global/regional cost base of assigned categories to achieve economies of scale.
o Provide correct and updated information on supplier's selection, biddings, pricing and spend to ensure transparency and comply with PMI practices & procedures.
• Contribute to project management: provide full and accurate DIM input into projects feasibility checks, delivering comprehensive risk assessment. Act as Procurement element leader, propose / organize efficient procurement solutions during implementation of product related regulatory projects.
• Build awareness on DIM category strategy within internal stakeholders (Quality Operations, PPMD, SC Planning), considering the impact of DIM activities on corresponding functions and PMI operations.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (SRM)
• Manage vendor's performance though SRM. Implement holistic supplier relationship management through supplier onboarding/qualification, defining key aspects of performance, formulating and controlling principal initiatives aimed at supplier performance improvement corresponding to PMI expectations and strategy. Ensure contractual obligations are met by both by PMI (volume allocation, on-time payment) and supplier (lead time, documentation accuracy, capacity availability).
• Based on company's processes and procedures, as well as information provided by internal stakeholders, lead negotiations with suppliers on any requirements or claims with financial implications on PMI ensuring best obtainable favorable result for PMI.
• Ensure supply security through risk management.
• Proactively analyze supplier base for threads and opportunities, including but not limited with
- sharp demand increase for new products/new launches/new product initiatives
- geopolitical risks
- breakdown risks at supplier production sites
• Set up, align with internal stakeholders and test business continuity plans for critical materials, be ready to activate upon approval from business.
COMPLIANCE/ ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation and company policies and practices.
• Lead contractual negotiations and follow up on contracts execution. Execute contracting process in line with company processes and procedures.
• Adhere to all Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) rules, policies and practices. Pass through appropriate EHS trainings, apply received knowledge at work.
• Inspect and use personal protective equipment as appropriate. Keep assigned work areas clean and orderly. Take an active part in EHS programs. Inform the superior immediately about all violations of EHS requirements, take appropriate measures for their elimination.
DRIVE VALUE OUT OF SUPPLIER BASE
• Identify and implement price and productivity initiatives for regional and global categories. Re-visit established set-up, leverage on existing system landscape with focus on efficiency and lowering procurement cost. Create and implement new standards ensuring economies of scale, workload efficiency, SVC and working capital positive impact.
• In order to improve company's cash flow negotiate with vendors most favorable payment terms for regionally managed categories and execute global agreements for globally managed/led categories.
• Manage internal stakeholders with focus on price & productivity, provide timely communication on productivity that impacts the regular process or requires adjustments in it. Collect, analyze and, if feasible, implement through supplier base price & productivity ideas generated by internal stakeholders.
STANDARDIZE & SIMPLIFY PROCESSES/SPECIFICATIONS
• Identify and lead optimization initiatives related to DIM materials harmonization in close cooperation with Quality Operations, PPMD and DIM OC. Take an active role in cross-regional optimization programs through sharing and implementing best practices. Ensure internal stakeholders understand the value of standardization & simplification and follow the standard & cost driven approach in their projects/developments.
• In frames of collaboration with all adjacent functions provide timely DIM input and updates on NTM price and productivity, SVC impact. Provide strategic and tactical support to Finance, Production Centers, Product Development / Deployment, Quality Operations and PMI Operation Center.
• Enhance implementation of Sustainability program leveraging on reliable collaboration with Suppliers.
• Contribute to Responsible Sourcing Principles deployment providing process and performance requirements applicable to all suppliers doing business with PMI.
• Support supplier’s engagement with the focus on Human rights, Environment and Business integrity.
You have a college degree in Economics/Finance/Supply Chain Management and at least 2 years experience in procurement with exposure to multinational environment.