BE A PART OF A REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
We are looking for a creative Senior Supplier Quality Engineer responsible for electronic commodity, to work on all product stages from R&D to New Product Introduction (NPI) and (Mass Production) MP according to the Quality Requirements. This person needs to work closely with product development on Design for Manufacturing (DFM), key suppliers on implementation of component qualification and industrialize electronics components achieving product excellence.
- Being a partner concern point for critical commodity quality related issues from NPI builds into MP. Develop and implement supplier quality improvement programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem solving.
- Leads early involvement of suppliers in new product development and product/ component/ process improvement. Seek for alignment of Quality Criteria, Product Specification, Reliability Test and Quality Technical Agreements (QTA) among tier 2 suppliers, EMS and the company.
- Participation in full product lifecycle development. Provide guidance for suppliers on product design, DFM, process development, equipment selection and DOE optimization.
- Implementation of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) for part qualification
- Lead supplier yield improvement and cost down projects and committing to continuous improvement.
- Conduct supplier technical visits and line qualification with Subject Matter Expert (SME). Partner with procurement and engineering functions for scouting new suppliers achieving quality, cost and delivery
- Act as project leader when quality cases. Driving cross teamwork force and prepare high level executive report to management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalents
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in Quality Management System
- 8-10 year technical experience with electronics manufacturing and knowledge as well as parts tolerance analysis
- Experience with quality systems, quality tools such as 8D, 5 Why, 5S, GRR, SPC, DoE and PPAP.
- Knowledge of ISO16949 or ISO13485 is a plus.
- Experience with medical industries is an advantage.
- Good communication skill and influence skills within organization.
- Creativity and fact based analytical skills.
- Technical writing skills, ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Able to work in a dynamic organization and fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products.
As of 2019 year end, PMI estimates that approximately 9.7 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 52 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com