PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Briefly summarize the job’s overall purpose or role. What is expected to be achieved?
This position plays an important role in assisting the Manager of Business Planning to conduct research and compile information to facilitate decision making by the company’s management team (MT) including:
• Estimating industry shipment volumes and the company’s in-market-sales
• Supporting the Manager of Business Planning to run ad hoc business analysis in collaboration with business partners to evaluate different business scenarios
• Evaluating the implications of changes in business issues such as macro-economic factors, product shipment volumes, product pricing, market share, and customer / product segmentation by conducting comprehensive and data driven analyses
• Assessing Return on Investment (ROI) for proposed investments and current activities
• Assisting business partners to define KPIs for commercial activities & track their performance
• Preparing reports per the requirements of Philip Morris International and the local market affiliate branch
The person must be able to collect and interpret data to generate insights into ways to improve the business and affect business decisions. This job requires experience with extracting and analyzing data from various local and global corporate data sources using tools such as Excel and Power BI.
• Assist the Manager of Business Planning with the creation of business planning forecasts regarding market share estimates, sales volume estimates, product pricing strategies, industry profitability, excise tax structure implications, etc. by understanding local market dynamics and competitor movements
• Update information systems with industry volume by key brands, pricing and KPIs containing confidential internal and external data that will be used by the local management team, regional management team and global team.
• Provide support for the business cycle review process to assist in the creation of initiatives to improve business performance and other ad hoc analysis.
• Be able to collect data on commercial activities and the company’s internal performance from different sources, analyze and report the results back to relevant stakeholders to facilitate decision-making.
• Assist business partners to define KPIs for commercial activities and track their performance
• Provide support to quantify ROI analysis for investment management
• Take the lead in finding and suggesting methods to obtain relevant information about the dynamic Vietnamese market environment where reliable information is not readily available.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese and English.
• University degree in a business-related discipline such as Computer Science, Finance or Economics.
• At least 4 years of experience in data analytics, finance, business planning/development or marketing. Cross-functional working experience is desirable.
• Strong analytical thinking skills, ability to learn new topics quickly & analyze large datasets, works well in a cross functional team environment with colleagues from diverse countries, comfortable communicating with senior management, tolerant of ambiguity, able to creatively solve business problems, experience making and presenting presentations for internal stakeholders.
• Intermediate-level experience using Microsoft Excel for data analysis (Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts) and Microsoft Power BI Desktop and Power BI Pro Online for data visualization (data extraction (ETL), dashboard creation).